25: Senior Ditch Day

~Mikayla's pov

~Mikayla's pov.~

Jacob. Jacob. Jacob.

Jacob.

That was mind my right now. I couldn't get him out of my head. There was not one second that my head took a break from him. Everything reminded me of him. The couch, school, passing by the park, my job, when I'd see a dog I immediately think of Rocky and that leads to thoughts of Jacob. The sweater hidden in my closet did nothing at helping. Food. Dang food even reminded me of him because he'd always steal something from my refrigerator and eat it, it was a given, you bring Jacob home, he's going to bring something into his mouth you better believe. I couldn't even escape to the comforts of my room because of the sleepovers we had and the stuffed animal I liked to sleep with.

Keeping from Jacob was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Last week when I made the decision, I knew it wasn't going be easy seeing as we both go to the same school, have the same friends, and sometimes I pass him on my way to second period because he has my first period as his second. It's not like I expected it to be as easy as it was for me to sleep, but it couldn't have been that back-breaking either. Homework was such a challenge I've resorted to just not doing it because I couldn't focus on anything other than the guy. Even having to make the solution to only talk with my friends over the phone hasn't helped, it seems like he pops up more than he did before. He'd even come up in conversations; Jason joked about how the 'couple' of Donavan were in a fight, and when I asked him to stop, he joked some more. It wasn't until I began ignoring what he said that he apologized and even hugged me, sensing my discomfort.

I walked in to my last class of the day on a Tuesday, noticing Jason sat at his seat next to mine straight away. I dropped the heavy text book in my hands on my side of the desk, grabbing his attention from using his phone as secretly as he could because Mr. Martin was at the front of the classroom, writing on the white board about today's lesson as everyone filled in. I blinked in disbelief as my eyes scanned over the words he wrote, then at the teacher himself to make sure it was actually him. It was one of those rare and lucky afternoons that he wrote down page numbers of our text books signifying he wanted us to work out those problems while he gets some work done, which must've been a lot of work considering this was the last period of the day.

"Exciting, right?" Jason asked with a grin when I finalized I wasn't hallucinating.

"Beyond," I muttered and took my seat next to him.

He turned back to his phone as he spoke. "So tomorrow you're going to leave me here by myself in this class?"

I looked at him in confusion.

He gave me the expression he did the day we began talking. "Tomorrow?" he hinted like that was the best clue he could give. I smiled in a way to show him I was still lost. He groaned and ran a hand over his face. "Again, how are you in AP classes? Senior Ditch Day!" he shouted, spreading his arms out at the fact that I had finally gotten to what he was talking about.