Chapter 3

𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺...

A defensive mechanism for her to cope with the pain she felt in her chest. Michiru wasn't the type of girl who would easily give up, and Suna is one of the things she'd never let go. She knew better than to agree with his selfish wishes to break up.

She clenched her fists and glared at him, "I have never been selfish Rin. I have never made a decision that would benefit just me. That's why you have to do that too. Whatever you say, I'm still your girlfriend and it won't change" she declared, walking away stomping her feet loudly towards her own class.

Rintarou was stunned for a moment. He had never seen her made such a face. Michiru would always smile as if everything was okay, but never did she squinted her eyes at him like that. Guilt tugged on Suna's heart as he stared out the window.

Michiru wiped her flowing tears as she settled down her seat and fished out her phone. With a few taps on the screen, he sent the boy a text message telling to meet her at their usual eating spot later at lunch. "Why are ya crying, Michi?" a certain blonde asked, grabbing a chair and settling down in front of the female's table.

She shook her head and showed him a smile, "I just got something in my eye" Michiru reasoned out, clearly unconvincing judging from the frown Atsumu wore.

He extended one hand and wiped the stray tear rolling down her left cheek, "I can tell that you're lying Michi, but I won't ask anymore. I'm here when you need me okay?" Atsumu cupped her face and caressed the female's cheeks lovingly.

Michiru knew all too well what Atsumu meant, after all, before Rintarou got her, Atsumu was first in line. "Thank you 'Tsumu. Could you do me a favor and not tell Shin-chan?" she asked, pertaining to her older cousin, Inarizaki's Volleyball Club Captain Kita Shinsuke.

The two were close as if siblings. Both of them are their grandmother's favorite and also each other's. Michiru knew that Shinsuke would do anything to protect her, even if it meant being enemies with his teammate.

Atsumu nodded in agreement and ruffled Michiru's hair playfully, "I'll see what I can do. Now gimme a smile will ya?"says the boy, kissing the tips of her locks. His little gesture worked as the corners of Michiru's lips curled up into a small smile, "Now that's more like it, love" he winked at her.

Only to get his face slapped away by his twin, "You know that Suna's going to kill ya if he sees ya doing that to Michi" Osamu reprimanded, smacking his brother's head again.

Before Atsumu could retort, he was cut off with a heavy sigh from Michiru, "I doubt that" she states, placing a hand under her chin and drew circles on her desk.

The twins had their brows furrowed, "What do you mean?" the miya brothers asked, only to get a shake of the head from the female.

She doesn't even know the answer herself, how could she reply to their question? Michiru was sucked deep in her own thoughts, looking back on what she could have possibly done for Rintarou to feel so distant.

But nothing comes to mind. She was an understanding girlfriend. Never mad without any reason and would always care for the boy. She never did anything out of the ordinary for him to act like this.

Wait.

Maybe that was it. Michiru was never the showy type of girl in school. The only thing they've ever done was hold hands but inside the school campus, no. Maybe she was bland for him. A boring girl. The exact reason he was getting fed up. No way is she letting him slip away like that. Rintarou was all she could ever want in a man.

Now or in the next life, she wasn't ready to see him drift away from her.

The girl rose up from her seat and ran to her beloved's room. Michiru stomped on her way to his desk and slammed the table he had his head placed on. Rintarou had his eyes wide in surprise as he met another intense gaze from his usually calm and loving girlfriend.

"Michiru...? What are you doing here?"

"I'm breaking up with you" the words that escaped her mouth not only surprised Suna, but everyone listening in class-

"But I'm winning you back Rin."

e n d o f c h a p t e r

Notes :

I really can't write well when it comes to sad and angst scenes.

Instead, I think I'll be making this a semi fluffy?

-N&N / yzzabella