Twenty One

-NEW YORK-
2012

The Battle of New York was raging on, with The Avengers of 2012 standing in a circle down on the street whilst many Chitauri were on the buildings surrounding them. A couple blocks away, and Future Steve, Bruce, Scott and Tony landed safely in an alleyway. Their suits retracted and Steve walked foreword to begin to survey the area.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down." Steve spoke, checking out the streets nearby that had turned over cars and debris scattered all over. "Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." The men then jumped as they heard a thud, and they looked to see 2012 Hulk using a car to hit one of the Chitauri soldiers repeatedly, then throwing a wheel of the car towards another soldier before jumping up and down on the car. They looked to Bruce, and he put his head down and shook his head, embarrassed by his old self. "Maybe smash a few things on the way." Steve said to Bruce.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce replied, ripping off his black vest to look more like 2012 Hulk. He walked past Steve and onto the street, beginning to roar softly to try and get into a character he hadn't been whilst aware of it. He went over to a taxi and lightly punched the top of it, then threw a motorbike off to the side before roaring softly once again.

"Not bad." Tony commented before Bruce split off from the group to head to the not yet home of Stephen Strange. Whilst he was off on his own, the other men went towards Avengers Tower as they knew Loki was there and that he had what they wanted. Tony flew up in his Iron Man suit to the building opposite The Avengers tower and was able to see the 2012 Avengers stood over Loki, the fight reaching it's end. It was honestly quite weird for Tony to see a memory of his own from a different perspective, and possibly be involved in it without his past self knowing. Just as long as he didn't bump into any of them, he'd be fine.

"Better hustle, Cap. Things look like they're just about wrapped up here." Tony informed Steve.

"Got it. I'm approaching the elevator." Steve replied. This was the signal for Tony to gently fly into the Avengers tower, retract his suit and hide behind a wall where he and little Scott on his shoulder could see the 2012 team from.

"Look, if it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now." 2012 Loki told the team.

"All right, get him on his feet." 2012 Tony said. "We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up." As he surveyed the rest of team, Future Tony scoffed.

"Mr Rogers, I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass."

"No one asked you to look, Tony. And honestly, Ashley would say different." Steve replied, making Tony pull a face.

"I don't need to know that."

"I think you look great, Cap. As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass." Scott joked, saluting at America's ass.

"Who get's the, uh, magic wand?" 2012 Natasha asked to anyone as she paced around with Loki's staff.

"S.T.R.I.K.E team's coming to secure." 2012 Steve told her. And right on cue, Brock and his men, along with Jasper Sitwell, exited the elevator where Tony had luckily got away from before they spotted him. He moved and crouched down behind a couch, leaning over to watch as Jasper took Loki's staff from Natasha.

"Careful, it's quite powerful." Ashley warned them as she unzipped the front of her suit a little bit to give her some breathing room.

"Who are these guys?" Scott asked from his perch on Tony's shoulder.