Treacherous 40

"Étoile filante"

"Are they gonna join the bonfire?" Jungkook asked, pulling Lisa back on their way to the entrance of the resort. They just got back from their sightseeing and Jungkook could say it wasn't so bad. But it wasn't that good either. It's currently four pm. The bonfire will start at five pm.

Lisa turned to him for a second, before looking back at the two former lovers.

"Let me help you," Jimin said, holding onto Chae's arm.

"I don't need help," The girl replied, though it was clear that she needed help with walking. Her eyes drifted to Chae's hurt ankle, now currently wrapped with a bandage.

"I don't really know, especially with Chae's condition," Lisa replied, moving forward to help Chaeyoung before she goes ape on Jimin who's insisting that he help her.

They went to the Gimnyeong Maze Park, their third destination that day. Somehow, a challenge broke out between the two Parks. Whoever gets out of the maze first, wins.

Flashback

"Ready, set, go!" Lisa yelled and the two dashed off, entering the maze while she and Jungkook decided to enter a little later.

"Why didn't you join them?" Jungkook asked, putting his hands in his pockets as he leaned against the railings. Chaeyoung did try to have her take the challenge with them, but Lisa refused.

"Let's just say I'm giving them some alone time. I think they need it, as much as they want to deny it." Lisa smiled.

"Playing cupid now, are we?" He commented, which made Lisa's smile bigger.

"That," She added. "Plus you'll be lonely here."

That made an eyebrow raise from Jungkook, along with the corners of his mouth.

He was bummed out earlier, as Chaeyoung keeps stealing the girl from him, leaving him with Jimin. Heck, Jimin even has to take the front seat because Chae pulled his wife in the back seat.

"Nuh-uh, babe you're sitting with me in the back," He remembered Chaeyoung said, pulling the brunette and preventing her from entering the front seat. "Let Jimin be in the front seat."

Jungkook poked his cheek with his tongue, trying his best to remain composed at that time. He heaved out a sigh as Lisa followed her friend in the backseat. The moment Lisa settled in her seat, Chae reached over and closed the door immediately, ensuring that it's just the girls in the back.

He then sat down on the driver seat, while Jimin settled in the front seat. Unfortunately, for both of them. The whole ride was awkward and quiet.

Their first stop was the Jeju Jungang Underground Shopping Center. And the moment they got out of the car, Chae dragged Lisa away, leaving the two men to follow behind.

The same thing happened on the Tangerine farm, the place where they went to, after lunch. Once again, the raven-haired girl took a hold of Lisa's arm and walked away with their buckets, leaving him with Jimin behind.

And he was not a tad bit happy with it.

He's already awkward with Park Jimin because of what happened. And Jimin knows it so he kept his distance too. Meaning that in the end, he was all alone while picking some Tangerines.

He was supposed to enjoy it. But he didn't.

He's just thankful that at least his wife was enjoying the trip so far. That's the only positive thing for him.