Drunken Clowns And Disappointments.

1 day.

That's how long I have to find a costume. That's not nearly enough time to even function properly let alone find a costume.

Tyler, who by the way finally asked me out, wanted me to go to this stupid party with him. Mason wasn't too happy I agreed seeing as our first party, I ditched and read in the car.

Maya dragged me through the busy mall and into the even busier costume shop. There was people everywhere. I'm pretty sure that one of the kids running around elbowed me on purpose so I stuck my foot out to trip him but Maya gave me a look that made me stick my foot back in.

She dragged me over to the "adult" costumes and basically threw a bunch of lingerie at me. "So are we at Costume City or Victoria Secret. I get confused sometimes."

Maya looked at me and frowned. "Why don't you go look for something?" But as soon as she said that, she looked as If she wanted to take it back. Because 5 minutes later, I came back with a Cookie Monster suit. She groaned and and picked up a costume off the wall and threw it in my direction. "Go." She shooed me off into the fitting rooms.

The costume she picked out was the mix between a sexy nurse and a dead one. Which was pretty odd. The costume was all white aside from the blood on it, it came with knee highs and a nurses hat... Oh wait, I'm a murder because I also pulled out an axe. Well that's ironic?

I tried it on and I only looked a bit slutty and I was already tired so I decided it was fine for now. I left the dressing room with the costume in hand and walked towards a waiting Maya. "Ya like?" I nodded but as we were going to pay, I grabbed the Cookie Monster costume just in case.

"Wait Maya, what'd Ya get?" She smiled and showed me her costume.

"A zombie 'ex wife'" she laughed at her mean girl reference. It wasn't exactly like Cady's it was a bit more slutty? Shorter, dirtier and with Maya's body, more seductive. Maya looked at me expectantly and to feed into her obsession, I quoted the movie as so.

"I'm a mouse, duh." I pointed at my head and Maya smiled like a kid in a candy store. We payed for our costumes and went to the food court in the mall. Maya ordered us both smoothies and fries.

We talked about her trip to Mexico and she complained about how her cousin left her in the middle of nowhere to go with some guy she had just met and Maya was stuck at a party with a bunch of people she didn't know.

She ended up calling her dad and he picked her up. And although Maya vowed to never talk to her cousin again, she still spoke of how she missed her already. I played bingo on my phone as she continued to talk about Mexico.

Eventually she stopped talking and allowed me to go home with my costumes and newly developed headache.

Dad and Kelly were both sitting on the couch talking when I walked in. I walked upstairs to my room and threw my costume into the closet and fell onto my bed.

I didn't take me long to fall asleep but when I finally did, my phone rung.

It was Maya and she was reminding me to pick her up tomorrow, I responded with a bunch of groans into the phone. After she hung up, I dozed off again.

~~~~
I woke up to the annoying sound of an alarm. I, as always, rolled out of bed and onto the floor. I had to wake up early because dad needed me to drive him to work because I wanted his car and not mine. Mainly because I didn't want to put gas in my car.

But I started to deeply regret telling him I would. I slipped on my slippers and threw my hair up in a bun. I walked downstairs and poured myself a cup of coffee and say at the table.