P1 Heart Level Increased To 1 +

Enter Player Name: Riley

TIK...TOK...TIK...

The hands of time marched around the clock.

TIK...TOK...TIK

I glared at the hour hand for the third time and watched it march over the black tick marks of time like a prison guard — an excessive amount considering I only arrived 15mins ago. But maybe... just maybe, since it was that time of the month, I would develop telekinesis power and Carrie my way out of here.

I looked around, dying for any distraction.

There was not much to entertain the mind around the office. Everything was plastered in various shades of grey, white, and dark blue. A rigid dichotomy between the world inside and the beautiful and vast green park the office oversaw. Within, each cubicle stood an imposing metaphorical and physical wall to separate each individual. Its message was clear, don't waste time interacting with others. In this place, the only thing that mattered was money, and time was money.

Wheels creaked against the carpet floor. "You look nice today."

I spun around on my office chair, coming face to face with my best friend Tasha. My face instantly brightened with a smile, and suddenly, time wasn't that big of a problem. We hadn't known each other forever, but it sure did feel like it.

I first joined this company about a year ago, and I was on the brink of breaking. There were very few women analysts, and the atmosphere reeked of testosterone. It was suffocating, having so much unwanted male attention when all I was trying to do was get the job done and feed my brothers. Having her around was a light in a dark tunnel. She wasn't showing me the way out, but it made it less menacing.

She crossed her legs and sat down on the standard black office chair. Her dark ebony skin was beautifully highlighted by the white dress shirt she wore. It was accompanied by a long, black pencil skirt ending a little below her tightly closed knees. A skill she taught me soon after joining. 'Don't ever give them a chance to look up your skirt. They will take it as an invitation.'

"I think I look normal," I answered, eyeing my clothes.

Sure, I put on more makeup than usual, and it was the first time in centuries I was caught wearing a girly dress. But, the article of clothing in question was nothing scandalous. A simple mint-colored lace dress, its string woven into a classy flower-filled pattern. Yes, it wrapped tightly around my waist and showed more cleavage than I usually would. But I was wearing a white blazer over it.

So... yeah... Nothing out of the ordinary.

"You don't fool me!" She crossed her arms, tapping her index finger impatiently. "You have two looks. One is the sexy office lady, and the other is the sloppy, yet sexy out-of-bed look. This is neither of those." She pointed her finger accusingly at my clothes.

I snorted. "I would like to think my wardrobe choices are far more complex than the picture you paint."

"Tell that to someone who doesn't know you." She pushed on her feet, sliding on the chair closer. "So who is it? It can't be Chris; you don't dress up for him." Her brown eyes burrowed into mine, searching for answers.

"I should have never told you about Chris," I grunted. I threw a glance at my computer monitor, praying the code would finish running so I could pretend to be too busy to subject myself to her relentless questioning.

"Is this" — she waved her fingers all over my dress — "the reason you don't want to come on the company trip?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, I'm not going because I don't want to leave Mikey alone with Jay for an entire weekend."