Chapter 28 - Phil Coulson's plan

At that moment, in a secret room of S.H.I.E.L.D. Zoe and Coulson, a senior member of S.H.I.E.L.D. were standing in the Chamber of Secrets. And in front of them, there were two dead bodies.

"God, they are Jackett brothers!"

However, the two men had already been dead for several hours and had long stopped breathing. "Bruce's abilities may be stronger than we thought." Zoe said as he stared at both bodies.

Even he couldn't kill a level 7 and level 8 bounty as the same time. And yet, Bruce had been more than capable of doing that himself, and overnight as well.

Coulson could feel that Bruce had changed in some way from before, but he did not expect that his strength had improved by so much. Even if they excluded everything else Bruce did, just his show of strength by killing the two brothers, was enough to mistake him as a level 7 agent.

So the decision to assign Bruce as Peter Parker's protector was completely correct.

"What about Peter Parker, has anything happened to him recently?"

"Not yet, he is safe for now." Zoe answered. "I think HYDRA will have to try their best if they want to have a chance of passing by a powerful agent like Bruce."

Zoe thought that Bruce would soon be stronger than him.

Coulson said, "Especially now that there are less than optimal high level agents in S.H.I.E.L.D.

In fact, S.H.I.E.L.D. had long wanted to deal with some things, but they lacked the manpower to do them, at least temporarily. Otherwise Nick Fury would not be making a group of monsters to deal with some of the bigger events.

"Do you want to give him the mission?"

"Yes, but I still want to test him." Coulson replied.

After all, this kind of thing was too big, even Zoe did not know the exact details regarding the mission. In fact, in the whole of S.H.I.E.L.D. the number of people who knew the exact details regarding the mission were no more than five.

And luckily for Bruce, Phil Coulson was one of them.

"Test him?" Zoe had doubts. With the strength Bruce had revealed, he could easily be counted as a level 7 agent. But Coulson was worried that they had not yet made Bruce reveal all of his abilities, and he was still hiding his strength.

And at that time, the door opened. A man wearing a black suit walked in, holding a longbow, with eyes resembling an eagles. It was of course, Hawkeye.

When he walked in, Zoe looked nervous and then bowed.

"Hello Mr. Barton."

"Coulson, what do you want me to do?"

Barton first nodded at Zoe, and then asked. Coulson though did not say anything, he only gave Barton a photo of Bruce.

"I want to test him, he is eligible to receive the task of overseeing the recovery training of the Captain."

Barton looked at the photo and frowned slightly. He recognized Bruce.

"The Captain's recovery training is very important, but this guy is still a level 3 agent, how is he qualified?" Hawkeye asked.

Coulson smiled and looked at the two dead bodies in the room: "Do you think that he is qualified now?"

Hawkeye was very clever, he figured out what Hawkeye was trying to tell him immediately.

"I know what to do."

Phil Coulson nodded and then left the room with Barton.

......

Meanwhile, in Bruce's temporary residence in Queens.

Bruce was using training equipment to adapt to his newly acquired abilities. After downloading the abilities off of the two Jackett brothers, he had become a lot more powerful.

In fact, he was making great progress. After doing everything, Bruce once again turned the computer on. A white man appeared on the screen, who was also a level 7 bounty task.

His name was Doyle Jones, and he was Bruce's next target.

S.H.I.E.L.D. had commented on him: 'Excellent abilities, extremely intelligent, and has joined the HYDRA organization, but escaped at a later time, and is now being chased by both S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA. He is currently in New York for the time being.'

S.H.I.E.L.D. 's base camp was in New York, so while the HYDRA organization was huge, it would not blatantly enter the area.

Since he could escape from S.H.I.E.L.D. is seems that this person is far from normal. Bruce was interested in him, but he had to deal with that in a few days, as he still had stuff to do.

The next morning, Bruce went to Midtown High School as usual. He talked mostly with Parker and instilled some of his thoughts to him. To some extent, he could be considered to be Parker's Godfather.

Three days after Bruce took out the Jackett brothers, he acted again. During these three days, he had been collecting information from various sources to determine Doyle Jones's possible locations.

In the outskirts of New York.

It was already dark. There was a small jungle nearby, and a white and dilapidated room was there, that looked very ordinary in the jungle. There were many such rooms around.

Bruce was walking in the dark, he had confirmed the location of his target.

It's no wonder that It took me three days to find him, Bruce talking to himself. Soon, a room appeared in front of him. This was the room that Doyle Jones lived in.

Bruce took a look around, careful to not make any sound. Finally, he entered the room from a window, and the furnishings inside were extremely simple, just like what ordinary people would have.

"DIDIDI–"~ Almost immediately, Bruce heard a sound.

"This is bad!" Bruce looked flustered, because what he heard and saw, was a bomb!

And just outside the room, there was a tall man holding a remote control. As soon as he saw Bruce enter the room, he directly pressed down.