Chapter 44 - Road to recovery

"Beep, download complete!"

"Beep, congratulations, you've obtained the ability Body and Shield as one!"

"Beep, congratulations, you've obtained the Vibranium Shield!"

"Beep, the system has detected a superhero-level weapon, new system function has been made available, please over your panel to see the changes!"

That last one in particular made Bruce lose his cool completely. He did not even know that the system had more functions to be unlocked! His excitement did however, dim noticeably when he discovered that the new function was a warehouse.

At the same time he discovered it though, his mind was filled with a huge amount of new information. The system warehouse, in short, was Bruce's exclusive storage space that functioned as a "void pouch" from those chinese webnovels Bruce used to read in his previous life.

And in there, damaged items would be automatically repaired. The time required for the repairing process depended on the severity of the damage to the specific item, and it was by no means an instant-fix.

Another function of the warehouse was to change the exterior and materials of the weapon inside. For example, the Vibranium Shield that was mainly made out of Vibranium, was easily detectable. But after the change, the composition of the shield could not get detected.

In other words, after the change, everything was the same as before, just that nobody could find out what the weapon was made from.

After Bruce figured out its potential uses, he was overjoyed! He was always a bit worried before, if in the future, his copy of specific weapons was discovered by others, what would he do then?

Now, this was no longer a problem! This mean that, whether it be Thor's hammer or Thanos's Infinity Gauntlet, he could have them all.

Afterwards, Bruce opened up his system panel again.

——-

[Name]: Bruce Lite.

[Identity]: Level 6 agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

[Ability]:Marksman, Anti-aging gene, Spider Telepathy, Body and Shield as one, Super speed, Super strength, Mind-control Immunity, Self-healing, Strenghtend Hands, Super vision, Pig Iron Body, Superb-level Fighting technique, Sabre proficiency, Firearms proficiency, Covert tracking.

[Warehouse]: Vibranium shield.

[Balance]: 1 million USD.

——-

Sure enough, the system panel had been completely upgraded.

Now he no longer needed to worry about where to put his weapons, after all, he had his own personal "warehouse." As long as he needed his shield, he could summon it out at any time.

Meanwhile, Captain America said nothing, he was just quietly looking at Bruce. His endurance and physical strength were not as good as before. If he wanted to recover, he needed systematic training.

But for the man in front of him to see that in just a glace, made the Captain feel a bit uneasy. "What do you think I should do?"

Bruce began to think about what to tell him. He had the system and he clearly knew the Captain's current state. Now, there were only two abilities that he wanted to obtain from him. Namely, the Super Serum gene and his Super endurance.

The Super endurance ability was unique to Captain America. The ability made him be virtually tireless, so he could fight for a ridiculous amount of time, nearly forever. As for the Super Serum gene, he didn't give it that much thought.

So, his training plan would focus on recovering the Captain's endurance ability for the most part.

"Captain, I will arrange your training plan well, so that you can recover to your peak in the shortest time possible." Bruce's tone did not change, appearing very calm. Even in the face of superheroes, he could remain calm.

Captain America looked at Bruce once more, saying nothing. Afterwards, they left the room.

S.H.I.E.L.D. had arranged a training room for them in a separate area, not the previous underground base. This was also the first time Captain America saw the sun. His eyes still show some confusion. Everything in front of him just felt so strange.

Bruce looked at the Captain, "Captain, the world has changed, but there are more battles to be fought and wars to be won."

Captain America just nodded as per usual, and said nothing.

After that, Bruce began to make training plans for Captain America. The main focus of the trainings would be to recover his endurance and physical strength. He hoped that the Captain could recover fast so that he could download the last 2 abilities from him.

Later, the Captain began his first training exercise after his deep 70-year coma. During this period, Bruce was observing everything in the room.

This room was the place where Nick Fury met with Captain America when the plot of The Avengers began. This meant that Loki was about to descend to Earth, and that the New York War was imminent.

Bruce also looked for any surveillance, but was reassured when he discovered none. Of course, Bruce knew that there would definitely be a lot of guards not far away from here. After all, Captain America was one of the S.H.I.E.L.D.'s top secrets.

At this moment, Captain America was training. S.H.I.E.L.D. gave him the best food they could provide to help him recover. Bruce though, managed to leave the room without anyone noticing, and then went to the woods.

This place was no longer within the scope of surveillance and guards.

"Om!"

At this time, Bruce thoughts moved, and in his hands a shield appeared. It was of course, the Vibranium Shield.

But now, the exterior of the shield had greatly changed.