Boggart

Madam Pomfrey fixed her arm, and had to take the rest of the day off, and not use her right arm for several days, not that that was a problem, as she was left handed. She went to the little room near the dungeons that she and Draco had.

 She went to the little room near the dungeons that she and Draco had

The room had accumulated a lot of stuff over the last year. She did her homework Now that Dobby worked here, she could ask him to bring her food here, instead of going to dinner. She honestly preferred eating alone.

She ate her dinner, finishing the transfiguration work Professor McGonagall had set them. The chair beside her moved, and she looked up to see Draco. He sat down next to her. "Why did you take the blow for me?" He finally asked.

'I knew if you got hurt in that class, you would use it to get Hagrid fired.' She signed, 'And.........'

"And?"

'I didn't you to get hurt....' She signed slowly, 'It was the least I could do after everything you've done for me.'

• • •

The first class the next day was potions. Neville regularly went to pieces in Potions lessons; it was his worst subject, and his great fear of Severus made things ten times worse. They were making a shrinking solution today and Neville's potion, which was supposed to be a bright, acid green, had turned --

"Orange? Longbottom!" said Severus, ladling some up and allowing to splash back into the cauldron, so that everyone could see. "Orange. Tell me, boy, does anything penetrate that thick skull of yours? Didn't you hear me say, quite clearly, that only one -tat spleen was needed? Didn't I state plainly that a dash of leech juice would suffice? What do I have to do to make you understand, Longbottom?"

Neville was pink and trembling. He looked as though he was on the verge of tears.
"Please, sir," said Hermione, "please, I could help Neville put it right --"
"I don't remember asking you to show off, Miss Granger," said Severus coldly, and Hermione went as pink as Neville. "Longbottom, at the end of this lesson we will feed a few drops of this potion to your toad and see what happens. Perhaps that will encourage you to do it properly."

"Help me!" Neville moaned to Hermione, but she was too scared of Severus to do anything. 

Hari made eye contact with Neville, and started signing. She helped him as she finished her own potion, only stopping when Severus called, "You should have finished adding your ingredients by now; this potion needs to stew before it can be drunk, so clear away while it simmers and then we'll test Longbottom's... "

Crabbe and Goyle laughed openly, watching Neville sweat as he stirred his potion feverishly. 

Hari packed away her unused ingredients and went to wash her hands and ladle in the stone basin in the corner.

The end of the lesson in sight, Severus strode over to Neville, who was cowering by his cauldron.