Chapter 14.

I gently shove Leo, smiling widely at him, he bounces giddy back underneath my arm. I'm so happy my smiling hurts my cheeks. Walking towards the meat hall for breakfast, he twirls his fingers through mine, linking us together.

“I've got a meeting with the king and his council men today” Leo said formally, his prince shining through – and it was a hell of a prince charming if you ask me.

“Mhmm” I smile at him still tugging him close.

“What?” he said, frowning at me.

“Nothing, my oh so formal prince” I slightly wink at him.

He snorts at me “alright, let me try again, your version” he brushes his thumb across his nose sniffs manly. “Yo i've got shit to do with pop's, Mike, Phil and Tom today” he says going a tone deeper to mimic mine.

“Idiot” I say “I meant it in a good way, I kind of like it.” I breathe out.

“Good, because I ain't changing for no man!” he said with a bit more cheeky tone swaying his head and quirking up his eyebrow.

I laugh and hug him tighter, our foreheads lightly bumping. Our eyes meet again and I lean inn for a soft kiss. His sweet lips so close, a flash of light and he flies out of my grasp, his small little bird taking a leap around me, soft vings gracing my cheek, squeaking away, like a muffled laugh, turning towards the table. Shifting again to his hawk, strong vings taking him fast away, shifting mid air, slumping his butt gracefully down in the empty seat near Silver. Giving me a sly wink before turing towards his friends. Leo what a tease.

I sigh and head towards Brax. His voice booming through the meat hall about some crazy story.

I couldn't wait for this workday to pass on – couldn't wait until he was next to me again.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Hey” I smile widely at my mate in our quarter. I almost jump him in excitement when he finally entered through the door, but settle for a giddy slightly awkward wave, my inner animal wagging my small tail frantically.

“Heeeey” he slowly drawls out, not knowing what to expect.

“I've been waiting for you, I want to, well I was thinking, I... I uhm want something” I stupidly stutter, walking towards him. Funny, I was thinking and planning all day about what I was going to say, and now here I am, mind blank. Damn it.

Leo looks startled, eyes going big.

“No, I mean...” I try immediately to soothe things over, thinking my words may have sounded a whole lot different from his point of view.”I want to go out on a date, with you... “ and then I add stupidly “and like with me” duhu who else? “alright, let me try this again” I exhale heavily knowing I messed up.

“Leo, will you go out on a date with me?”

Standing in front of me grinning, cute smiling dimples and all, he nods his head slightly and softly answers “yes”

I breathe out and hug him to me “oh yeah and - welcome home, that was gonna be my opening act.” I say nuzzling into his neck “sorry kind of messed it all up” I laugh dryly.

“No you didn't, it was perfect” he sighs smelling me inn.

Mhmm, my Leo, my man, that's the one whos perfect. And hence why I wanted to do something special for him. A date. My first. His first? Dunno but its gonna be great, I hope.

“So where are we going?” he slides out of our embrace, looking questioningly at me.

“Well I'll tell you after...” I slightly twerk my brow, trying my best at charming him but mostly ending up all corny as usual, “But Leo I just want you to know something first” I clear my throat wanting to sound a bit more serious, I needed him to know. “Here, the Blackblood tribe, our pack” I link our hands together “ This is a safe zone, you can be Leo here, Leo the bear, Leo the wolf, Leo the adorable little bunny, Leo the hawke Leo the cute little bird. And any other animal you have within you, it's okay to let them out. You can be yourself here, it's Okay.”