21. CHIPMUNK CHEEKS

21. CHIPMUNK CHEEKS

THE WEEKEND FLEW BY and before Aliyah knew it, she was sat across from Kayla and Trevor, a table and her binder separating them

She was already missing Maya ━ her cute chipmunk cheeks and her entrancing blue eyes similar to her uncle's. Hell, she even misses hearing her cry. Spending a whole weekend with Maya and Elijah did not one thing for her baby fever.

And now she has to endure sitting across from her ex-best friend who's pregnant by her ex-boyfriend ━ who she doesn't resent, at all.

"So, the wedding is five months away and we still have to figure out floral arrangements, the final venue for the ceremony and the reception, catering, attire, and music." Aliyah reads down the checklist, "I would like to get the flowers down pat so I can reach out to a supplier that's within your budget and see if they're available."

Kayla takes her phone from her jacket pocket and opens it to a certain screen before holding the phone in front of Aliyah's eyes as if she was blind. With narrowed eyes, Aliyah leans back so she can see without going cross-eyed.

On her phone is a multitude of colorful chrysanthemums. Aliyah raises a brow.

"Crysanthemums?" She questions for confirmation.

"Yeah," Kayla says, abruptly making Aliyah furrow her eyebrows.

For some reason, everything is even more awkward amongst the three ━ aside from the fact that neither Kayla nor Trevor have said anything to each other since they'd been sitting there.

It was starting to make Aliyah uncomfortable with how quiet they'd been.

Taking her notes, Aliyah nods before moving on, trying not to dwell on the discomfort any longer, "So, you requested an outdoor venue and I got in touch with some managers. We have a list of venues to tour next week so hopefully you guys have a clear schedule for next Wednesday and Thursday."

She looks up through her eyelashes, trying to feel out the tension between the couple.

Aliyah clears her throat, clearing the ball of nerves in it, before she pulls a pamphlet from within the binder and slides it over to them, "This is a list of local caterers that y'all can read through and let me know who you choose later during the week so we can let them know."

Aliyah is on a damn roll and nothing can stop her from getting her shit done.

At least, until Trevor opens his mouth as if he's about to say something. Aliyah hones in her deadly stare at him, daring him to say what's on his mind.