Execution

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"...Where am I?"

I was on a tiny island if it could even be called that. I had my sword and my hat with the money I had initially when trying to buy a sword. Also, I had some cookies. Getting up, I noticed the island was sinking so I wasn't aware of what to do until I noticed I was surrounded by Sea Kings. Rejoicing, I called some over and asked nicely for help to take me to Marineford since that would be the location of Ace's execution. Out of all of them, a large sea serpent emerged from the water, easily stretching over 50 metres tall before lowering its head to my height.

"Hey buddy, I need you to help me get there but how do we travel. It's not exactly easy per say..."

The serpent bowed its head to me so I took that as an opportunity to climb on. I found some slightly loose skin that let me grip onto it's head before it slithered across the water which I found really cool. At night, we would stay at an island and the serpent would hunt for me while I made us a fire to cook the fish it would bring back in it's jaws. Most of the fish went to the snake but I still had plenty to eat since it could easily bring over a hundred in it's mouth. I would wash the fish before salting it with the salt I had handmade by blocking off some seawater and letting it evaporate to make salt. Then I would enjoy a tasty meal with my new friend.

"Hey buddy, would you still be my friend after all this?"

The serpent flicked it's forked tongue out in agreement.

"Thanks... Can I tell you something?I'm really scared my friend will die. He's really strong but I'm really worried... The strongest people will be there and I don't think I'm strong enough to take them down. I try to be strong... You know, fake it till you make it but even after all this time... I wish I was better"

The snake hissed in displeasure before booping my head with his snout. I tried to brighten the mood after noticing the familiarity of the Serpent with an old friend.

"You know... You remind me of a friend I had when I was a lot younger, I had this friend that was a Snake Sea King but was always made attacked for being the smallest among them like he was smaller than my arm! I would always tell all the other Sea Kings to fuck off and I guess we became friends. He actually helped me escape my island since I wouldn't make it if I stayed there any longer,"

The serpent put it's head on the ground to show it was listening. I raised my hands to show my enthusiasm.

"So despite being the tiniest! He helped me swim all the way to East Blue. I don't have a name since he hated any I gave him, he only likes nicknames. Anyways, he actually pulled me along, can you believe how cool that was?! He ended up getting a large scar on it's side as he helped me... I hope he's alright"

The serpent raised it's head off the ground and pushed my shoulder so I would stop staring into the fire. Turning, my eyes widened and my mouth opened when he showed me his side, that scar was there. I stood up and stumbled over to area with the scar, the faint stitches I performed as a child was there. My hands traced over the scar in my daze, the serpent pulled away and bowed its head again to me and I began laughing. A few tears pricked my eyes that I wiped away. We ended up sleeping curled up. He was very large so only his head and the beggining of his body made l loop around me.

The next few days were tough, the weather was stormy or dry. It was a gamble but we finally started spotting Marineford. My Observation Haki came in handy since I see which one were enemies so I could easily cut those ships down. If I could reduce the amount of marines than Whitebeard would have an easier time. Quickly, I cut down three before continuing to cut down the larger ships. I spotted Luffy in all the chaos and I asked my friend to bring me over.

The serpent tossed me over before diving into the ocean. I was flying for a few seconds but I landed in Crocodile's arms. Blinking, I briefly apologized before getting up and seeing Luffy. I cheered but Luffy yelled that we needed to start defending so I got to it. I sent air slashes which damaged ships and cut down the smaller ones while Crocodile watched. I gave him a glare and a pout before Luffy's voice rang through my ears that we needed to break down the doors of Justice. The Fishman steering the wheel introduced himself as Jimbei. The gate was opening but not fast enough and soon it was closing.

"Jimbei, leave it up to me!" I said

Calling my friend up, the serpent barred its fangs at the wall before diving into the water only to shoot up at extreme speeds and force the still small opening further open. I was flabbergasted since I wasn't expecting that. The gate was fully opened thanks to him. I expected but that was the most extra and extravagant way to do it. There was a Den Den Mushi that Jimbe passed to Luffy to talk with to someone. He cried as he thanked them before we passed through the gates and it closed. There was still hope with four hours remaining. The serpent stayed behind since he couldn't enter the region.

Waltzing up to Jimbei, I smiled and thanked him and Crocodile for helping him while Crocodile sat on the cannon nearest to the front of the ship. Crocodile was unexpecting that Jimbei could talk to sharks but then again, Jimbei came from a secluded race. Jimbei took that as a compliment and didn't deny that Fishman were indeed violent before turning to me with a small smile. I sat on the canon nearby Crocodile but still keeping my distance.

"So you must be (M/N) I heard many rumours of you but to think you could talk to Sea Kings..."

"Eh? You make it sound like only I can do that. Anyways, I can't talk to them, they're just very friendly and nice to me." I explained

"I see. Well I heard from Ace that you two were good friends"

"We are." I smiled fondly

Leaning backwards slightly, I turned my head up and let out a shaky breath thinking about Ace. I could hear Luffy talking to a Den Den Mushi that Luffy and Buggy were accused of causing the jailbreak. Buggy's past was revealed about him and Ace having met once. He was also apart of Roger's crew so he was blamed too. This somehow convinced a lot of people that Buggy was powerful. I still had my doubts even Crocodile did although he didn't express it. Even Daz Bones was very doubtful while Jimbei just made a small remark.

"Ace... Please be alright"

A/N: Fun fact, initially there was a third scenario where he would be sent to the Whitebeard Pirates but as much as I loved the idea, I decided against it. Second fun fact, a lot of things have been altered. Originally the serpent completely crashed the wall but I changed it. This shows how much I change things but I do this a few days in advance.

 This shows how much I change things but I do this a few days in advance