Chapter Fifty Three

Breya

A fierce hope resignated in my soul, one last exausted burst of adrenaline rushing through me like wild wild fire. I looked at the two souls trapped with me, taking this unpredictable chance along side me and felt a jolt of unfathomable belief and trust.

Something I wasn't used to, not only was this a risk in its self but I was risking the remaining part of my heart on these two people here. One a stranger whom I'd just met, yet found a surprising amount of assurance in. One an old friend who I'd sought comfort it.

None of us were in a good  condition of health. All of us carrying a poison within our veins and battered bodies. This was going to be an unbelievable victory if we succeeded and I was determined not to fail. I wasn't alone now, now I had something to fight for.

Granted neither one a strong basis but my heart was still pure, despite my bitter life. I was not going to risk either of their lives. My empty heart held far to much room for care, love and Kindness , without even a slight bit of hesitation my heart allowed them a place.

Sarah had been here for many years which caused a rooted sadness at the thought of her life wasting within this hell. However she knew exactly where we were. She had planned everything, thought of everything, every possible problem and found a solution. She had been planning this for years.

I didn't want to delude myself, I was well aware of the familiar enemy I'd have to face outside the prisons walls. Winter. I wore only a hospital gown and pants, my feet bare. My whole body would be practically exposed to the harsh weather. One I knew I couldn't survive without some form of a back up plan. As if the world was listening to my silent nightmare my head began to buzz.

Reminding me of my ability to call for help, I'd been so caught up in the rush of events that my mind erased the fact itself. I instantly remembered my cry for help when I first met Sarah only hours ago, when the terrified voice of wolf frantically got through.

"breya? Breya? Please an

" wolf,im here "

I couldn't stand the sadness, fear and frustration in his voice. My instincts taking over in a bid to ease him.before he could speak again I quickly began to inform him of everything.

" I'm ok wolf, we're in the east mountains. We have a plan to escape but we have to leave now before anyone realises."

I tried to think of a way to ask for his help, but couldn't find the words. Jackson and Sarah may be wolves but the poison made them just as much human as me. Making them just as vulnerable to the harsh winter .

" I'm on my way "

His growl filled me with the last thread of fight I needed to seal my courage. My heart warmed at the thought of him risking his life to find me to find us. I looked towards my new companions as we all shared a look of understanding. It was now or never.

Jackson stood to his full hight offering a hand to both me and Sarah. The moment Sarah placed the key to the cell door I felt the same feeling of doubt I'd once felt before. The night Jackson stopped my first and last attempt of escaping. As quickly as the doubt came it was gone. I shooved it as far down as I could I wasn't going to allow doubt, fear or anxiety to be the reason we didn't make it.

The slight creak of the door left my heart drumming, I had no time to ponder or analyse. Everything from this moment on would be full speed. Jackson quickly made it to the small window, his frame looking far to big to fit through. With a little struggle his frame disappeared out of sight, before Sarah followed his lead she grabbed my hand in a gentle grip.

"were going to make it Breya"

Without another word she was gone, placing my hands on the rocky ledge I pushed my body up. The adrenaline helping to ignore the inevitable protest of my broken body. Turning my body around to face the drop below left my stomach in a knot impossible to untangle.

There was something different about this fear though. I wasn't paralysed or frozen I felt strangely empowered. Jackson and Sarah both stood on the mountains edge their bare feet sunk beneath the snow. Jackson gave me a nod of encouragement as he stood with his arms open.

Turning my self to face the prison before dangling my body I took one last look, then allowed my body to fall.

"you can open your eyes Breya"

Opening my eyes I was met with the dazzling amusement dancing around Jacksons. He let go of a small laugh as I did the same. All of us full of relief and hope. My feet sank into the freezing snow as Jackson placed me down.

Instantly I felt the burning bitter chill surround them forcing my body to shiver. The wind was strong causing us all to push our backs towards the mountain for support. Looking down only now did I realise how high up we were. The drop beneath us endless making me gulp in unease.

"come on this way, stay close to the wall"

Sarah gently instructed as we all began our quest to decend the mountain. The closer we got to the bottom the smaller the ledge became, making it that much more difficult as freedom seemed so near.

My back was pressed against the wall my life literally depending on it. My body tense in attempt to stop the endless wind from blowing me into the endless pit beneath us. My heart hammered in my chest, my adrenaline never once wavering.

Until the sound of an alarm erupted all around us. My body instinctively jumped at the loud impending screech. My mind wavered into panic as I realised it meant they knew we had escaped. The chase was on.

Without realising, my preoccupied mind lost focus, loosing my footing I felt my body begin to fall. Before I could react a hand gripped mine. I had to bite my tongue as pain soared through my leg. Trying hard not to scream.

If I'd of allowed the scream out, they would know where we were. Jackson pulled me up until he was skilfully holding me bridal style. I silently thank the years of pain I'd suffered as I looked at the damage to my leg.

Crimson liquid was spilling out of the now huge gash , it was bad that I knew.

"shit!"

Was Jacksons response to my now unusable leg. The constant sting the bitter wind caused forced me to keep biting down.

"come on we need to get to the bottom now!"

Sarahs vocie was hard and unbending, her command heard as Jackson managed to side step while carrying me. Within minutes we were at the bottom, quickly Jackson knelt to the floor leaving my body resting against his. Sarah wasted no time at all as she ripped my pants of, I practically squeezed Jacksons hand as she tied the material around my wound.

Looking around us I realised how bad the snow was. Everything white, leaving a cold mist limiting our line of sight.

The loss of blood and the time spent in the freezing weather was beginning to take a toll on me. I felt myself becoming more and more drained with each passing second. I looked at both Sarah and Jackson before my shakey voice left my lips m

"go"

"were not leaving you!"

They both asserted, leaving no room for arguments. I felt my body tense along with Jacksons and Sarahs as growls cut through the wind. Slowly we all looked towards the sound to see wolves emerging all around us.

Then my heart stopped as all my hope left me, fear installed in its place. His cold evil eyes gleamed as they rested on my injured form. An evil smile cast upon his face.

"hello runt".