5

Something isn't right.

The sun is high in the sky, lighting up the entire island I appear to be looking at. There are tons of trees everywhere with a nearby garden and a small house. Everything looks really organized, but in a messy and familiar way.

A girl in jeans comes running out of the small house. She looks really angry, like steam could be coming out of her ears. Wait, steam is coming out from somewhere.

Leo Valdez comes running out of the house, drenched in water. "I had it under control!"

"No, you did not," she shoots back, "that's why you are all wet!"

They continue to bicker back and forth, jumbling over each other's words. The fighting doesn't end right away. It becomes a little dance with Leo taking a step forward and the girl taking a step back, but when the girl takes a step forward, Leo doesn't move. Eventually, they become face to face with each other. It is complete silence as they stare at one another.

In the blink of an eye, the two teenagers are kissing.

In the middle of that mess, I wake up gagging and feeling very gross. I don't know what the hell I just watched, but it gave me a very uneasy feeling. That was Leo Valdez. He died. Hazel and I felt him die. End of the story.

I gag again thinking about Leo making out with some random girl, so I decide that my best bet right now is to take a shower. This would not only help me get rid of that image in my bed, but give me time to think before getting my schedule from Chiron. I'm supposed to start my new routine as a Camp Half-Blood camper and counselor of cabin thirteen. The only camper of cabin thirteen.

There's not a lot of people at breakfast when I arrive, which in my opinion is good. It gives less people to stare at me. Chiron comes by to my table to hand me my week of camp activities I would be doing. I try to smile nicely at him, but it turns into a scowl as soon as he leaves.

"Sunshine, why so mad this early in the morning?" Will says, plopping down on the other side of the table with a cup of coffee in his hand. I would say I'm surprised, but I'm really not.

"Because it is early and the morning," I reply with another scowl. Will's head turns in confusion like a puppy, an adorable puppy. Did I just compare Will to an adorable puppy? Oh Gods, I did. "That and I had an uncomfortable dream."

"Do you want to talk about it? That usually helps me and my siblings when something weird happens."

"No."

Will shrugs his shoulders, obviously not going to pressure me to say anything, thankfully. If I was talking to Percy or Annabeth on the other hand, they would do anything to make me talk about my dreams and nightmares. Just because the three of us have been to Tartarus and back does not mean we have to share everything about each other!

"Nico," Will shakes his hand in front of my face. I look up at him very confused. "You zoned out on me, want to try this flavor of coffee? It's not like the other two, I swear."

The mug is placed in front of me. It is the same mug he used last time, but the liquid definitely smelled different compared to French vanilla and hazelnut. I bring the cup up to my mouth, taking some of it into my mouth, then deciding to spit it out into the grass beside me.

"Damn, I really thought you would like caramel swirl. Thanks for not spitting it back into my mug." Will sends me a pleasing smile as he takes the coffee back from my side of the table. I'm wiping my mouth on the sleeve of my jacket on the other hand. "So, what are you planning on doing today?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Whatever is on my schedule that Chiron gave me. I-I've never done this before, so it is something that I should start getting used to for the rest of my life."