Spend Time With Me? - Zelda x Gamer! Reader

Well try put it all in one sense, you were a gamer. Well, more like a developer that tests out games that Princess Zelda makes. Recently, she had made a game that you've recently been addicted to, called Triforce Run. It's basically a game where you play as one of the champions and collect coins and different power-ups to catch up to the runaway bad guy. Then you battle them and go through a bunch of different levels!

Ever since the Princess had opened up to you of such game, you have been playing it for the rest of the day. The day after and the next day weren't any different. When you were requested to do work, you had made the excuse that you were 'Already doing work from the Princess.' But little did you know, Zelda was fed up herself. She had wanted to spend some time with you instead of you ignoring her. She tried everything she could to get you to listen to her. Even a royal order wouldn't work! You knew that she was only joking and didn't actually mean it as an order, but she really wanted to spend time with you.

Currently, you were... well... playing Triforce Run. You had just unlocked Zelda as a playable character, and you still haven't gotten halfway through the game. You felt the need to finish it before moving onto the next project, looking out for any glitch or virus in the game. Zelda really designed it to your liking.

"FOR THE LAST TIME, Y/N, GET OFF OF THAT GAME!"

You heard a hysterically loud screech and you covered your ears in instinct, causing your game to end. You groaned and picked up the Shiekah Slate in distress, frustrated that your game was over. You looked to the cause of your game being over, and saw a fumed Princess standing right in front of you.

"Are you serious? I was in the middle of... looking for a virus in the game! I could've sworn there was a tiny glitch!" You whimpered, pressing the restart button and looking back to the shiekah slate.

Zelda had enough of this. She angrily snatched the device out of your hands and deleted the software. Your mouth gaped open and your eyebrows formed a v.

"What was that for?!" You grabbed the slate out of her hands and shook the tablet, hoping that you could get the game back. "I was in a battle! You just deleted it all!" Zelda shrugged her shoulders and walked to a stack of papers.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because everyone has been trying to get you off of that device? Do you know how much work you have left to do? Not to mention how much more work you have! Because of that game, the scientists have been slacking, because they haven't even gotten any work from you! Do you know how hard me and the champions had to get my father to restrain from coming here? HYRULE IS BEHIND ON WORK AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!" Zelda sighed, and turned around so you wouldn't see her.

"Do... Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to notice me?" Zelda hung her lead low. She sniffled and started to walk out of the door, only for her to be brought back by the tug of her arm.

You stood there, shocked. Still holding onto her wrist and looking at her with guilt, you started talking.

"I... I didn't know that. I guess I've been too distracted. I'm so sorry." You spoke calmly, worried that if you made any more remark, you would break Zelda's already fragile mental state. You let go of her wrist and turned around, glancing at the stacks of work you had in your office. As the head scientist, you knew better than to spend your time on a game. Hyrule was in a crisis, getting ready for the calamity's strike, but you didn't even hesitate to play the game.

"Oh... Oh no. I have so much to do! You should've told me about thi-" You stopped yourself and turned red from the realization, turning around to face a questioned princess.

"Excuse me Y/N?" She raised her eyebrows, then handed you some work. "Get started. I don't want any word from you." She crossed her arms.

You looked down at the paper, then back up to the princess. You nodded your head and heaved the stack to the table near you. You sat down and got a pen out, reading over the paper and signing it. Zelda watched you for a few minutes before coming over to you and taking the papers and pen away from you. You cocked your head to the side and put on a confused face, watching as Zelda took your hand, yanked you up, and hugged you with a scoff.

"You scoundrel, I want some cuddles, first." Zelda whined. You smirked from this, and you put some hair behind her ear.

"Okay..." You stayed in the hug for a little longer, then you bit your lip and locked eyes with your lover.

"But first... Can I have the software from the game back?"