³¹, WHERE WE GO

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄
chapter thirty-one; Where We Go
Let's see if sticking charms work on stupid teenage boys! "

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄chapter thirty-one; Where We Go" Let's see if sticking charms work on stupid teenage boys! "

  SAL DRAGGED HER trunk down the girl's dormitory stairs, each thump echoing in the bustling common room. It was bittersweet, to be bringing her belongings down for the very last time— Salem would miss Hogwarts. She'd miss Hogsmeade and her dorm and her roommates and every laugh by the fire, but seeing James Potter smiling at the bottom of the stairs made her heart a little lighter.

  "Want any help?"

  "I'm a big girl, James," Salem sighed, allowing her trunk to rest beside her. "I can handle it."

  James held up his hands in defense, making Salem smile.

  "So," He sighed, leaning against the sofa, "Gonna take your chess set?"

  Salem's eyes followed the direction James jerked his head, setting her sight on the faded old chessboard. It'd been reset long ago, many more chess games played on it since Salem and James's very first. 

  "I don't think so," She finally responded, "It hasn't moved in seven years— it's found it's home."

  "Or it's stuck to the table," Sirius interrupted, dragging his own trunk down the stairs along with another one which, after seeing Remus following the boy, Salem assumed to be Remus's. "Remember when we used sticking charms on random things in the common room— think that was one of 'em."

  Salem's jaw dwindled.

  "You're joking."

  "Try and pick up this rug," Remus sighed tiredly.

  Salem hesitated, but quickly rounded the sofa to the corner of the ornate rug, shoving her fingers beneath it and attempting to tug it up. 

  It did not move.

  So Salem quickly approached her chess set, glaring at a snickering Sirius, before trying to lift it.

  It did not move.

  "Sirius Black!"

  Sirius's face quickly melted from humor to fear, and quickly a chase ensued. Salem was the cat, Sirius played the part of the mouse, and James and Remus watched with amusement as Salem hopped the sofa to bring the boy down.

  "Let's see if sticking charms work on stupid teenage boys!"

  "You can't do that—what if I can't leave— my skeleton will be stuck to the common room floor forever!"

  "Only if I'm lucky!"

  "Alright, alright," James sighed, approaching the two as Salem reached for her wand, "We've got to get to the boats, children."