A Chaotic Evening

Everyone could only stand in silence as they heard Jayne's screams getting quieter and quieter as the dragon took her to the mountains.

Roderick, Chris and Desmideus stood outside, drenched from the thunderstorm that had miraculously disappeared once the dragon disappeared from their line of sight.

Octavia rushed outside, "what in the gods' names just happened." She had seen everything, and ran to Desmideus, "Why didn't you kill it?" She smacked his head, "you buffoon! You just let it grab her like that? And you call yourself a gentleman." She scoffed, then spoke to Chris, "and you, what kind of knight are you? Barely able to catch up to a woman, and not even trying to defend her from the dragon, chivalry really is dead!" She finally addressed Roderick, "And Mr Oquare..." she frowned, "I'm disappointed in you."  She clenched her fist.

"Call the army!" She yelled.

"What?" They all replied.

"That dragon took Jayne! You're seriously going to give up on her? After all you two have been through." She crossed her arms.

Desmideus stood up fully straight, elevating his height, "Don't be ridiculous..." he looked off towards the mountains, "I'll go there myself."

Everyone else, including Octavia, widened their eyes at his proclamation, "Please, that's a suicide mission, I want the whole entire Telepylus army to get her back!"

Desmideus laugh, "stupid woman," he strolled towards her, "Don't you know? If we were to get thousands of people marching together in a tight space, we'd be a perfect target for dragons to attack us... if we go into their territory, they'll try to kill us, the less of us that go, the more likely it is that a dragon won't see us from the sky."

Octavia huffed at his logic, knowing he was correct, "Whatever, just get her back!" she stormed inside.

"I'll go too," Chris spoke up, "It's my fault that I couldn't keep her safe, so it's my responsibility to save her."

Desmideus nodded, and they both looked at Roderick, expecting him to also go.

"What are you two looking at me for?!" He shrieked, not willing to risk his life.

"Jayne purposefully put herself in danger for you, and you're being ungrateful enough to just let her die!" Chris shouted.

Roderick gulped, "What? No... I just, I don't have either of your fighting expertise."

"If the plan goes correctly, there won't be any fighting." Desmideus gave him a stern look.

"IF?!" Roderick shrieked.

"That's the life of a man, if, now, dragon territory is magic territory, if we plan to be successful in tracking Jayne, we'll need a mage, Chris, you're friends with Xlavador, right? you talk to him."

-

"No."

"Oh come on."

"Absolutely not!" Xalvador and Chris were arguing.

"Listen, I know you don't know her well, but please!"

Xalvador stared out the window.

"The prince demands it, he's just using me as a formality."

"And what about the king, huh?" He turned around, "he's the one in charge, does he approve of his son going on some dangerous mission to retrieve a girl of no status, no title, no money, nothing of value?"

Chris sighed and crouched his body in anger and sprang back up, "Octavia approves of the plan, if she approves, she'll get her father to approve, and he'll get the king to approve, plus, he has a daughter, it's not the end of the world if he loses a son."