chapter 15: first date

"Ok moms, heres the plan, Adora's quite busy with her homework at the moment, so im taking  this free time to prepare  a date with her, are you two in?" She asked meeting eyes with her moms who nodded viciously.

"Good, i am going to show you two our spot in the forest and you shall NOT go there again." Catra said while standing out of the car.

"I told Adora  to meet me here at 5, so that gives us an hour to prepare  this simple  picnic, i already bought the food, all we need is to set it up and wait for Adora to arrive, sounds good?" Catra said clearing her throat.

"Yup! Im so excited to help you  with this Catra!" Jasmine said pulling out some of the supplies from the car along with Selene who was struggling  a bit more.

Catra went to help them  out and lead their path to a specific place at the woods.

"And here it is." Catra sighed putting the decorations down, her moms stared in awe  and eyed the entire scene, they couldn't  even imagine all the memories her daughter wouldve made in this secluded place.

"Lets get started."

------------------

"Why are you in such a rush? I mean its not like im bothered helping you do your homework or anything but you seem pretty anxious." Bow said gesturing to Adora biting her nails and tapping her pencil impatiently  on the desk, she noticed this and stopped to analyze what he just said.

"Well Catra told me to meet her in an hour and i have no idea what shes planning and i dont want to be late!" Adora panicked tapping her pencil again and clenching her jaw until her teeth were sore.

"Well i could finish your homework if you dont, but only this time." Bow assured making the girl sigh in relief and continue working.

She was uptight still  but still a bit more comfortable knowing  that her schoolwork would be in the right hands if she failed to do it on time.

Soon if was halfway  through  the hour and Adora was only halfway through the stack of papers she was in charge of, Bow did a few pages for her but Adora seemed to try and do it more fast, making it wrong sometimes, Bow would have to take his time to see if she had the answers right.

And it was 15 minutes until Adora's meeting with her girlfriend and she HAD to pick an outfit.

Bow had helped her settle with something casual, jeans and a pink tank top, it wasnt  as stylish but she didn't  imagine Catra's thing to be too formal right?

Just in case she packed a red dress and some flats.

5 minutes until Adora's date and she was already heading to their secret spot, Bow waving goodbye from afar, Adora smiled and went jogging to Catra's current  location.

She walked through the forest and she saw a bunch of leaves pushed to the side to make a little path made with painted rocks, each of them some of Adora's favorite things, she giggled  as she saw Catra's face doodled on one.

Of course she would do that, but she wasnt wrong.

She saw a small picnic set up and sighed  in relief, she was dressed for the occasion now.

She didn't  see Catra until she heard a few footsteps behind her, she turned around to reveal  Catra handing out a bouquet of roses to the blonde, her cheeks flushed and she gladly took it "thank you." She smiled smelling the roses, it smelled like... flowers?

Catra returned the smiled and sat down on the cloth   gesturing Adora over, neither said a word, it was a comfortable silence, Adora was pretty  sure this was their first date and if this was a picnic then why not eat?