We're Back.

We're Back.

What if Claudia's crazy ass hadn't kidnapped Lucious that night?

After a mentally straining day of taking down the DuBois family, Cookie was exhausted. When Lucious returned from the men's bathroom and outstretched his hand to her with a soft smile that silently told her, without the need for words, that he saw her exhaustion and felt the same. She tenderly put her hand in his and let him guide her down the marble staircase. Cookie quickly peered down at their entwined hands when he squeezed hers, comfortingly. She tried to ignore the familiar twist in her stomach at his affection. It was the same twist she had felt when he had gotten down on one knee and asked her to see the world with him.

"You heading home?"

"Yeah, aren't you? I'm tired."

'Tired' was putting how she felt politely. She knew she'd broken Angelo's heart and unintentionally ruined his career but that should've meant his grievances were with her and her alone, not her children. He turned into a vicious, vengeful person she didn't recognise in the faintest, and her sympathy dwindled rapidly when his mother had decided to step in a threaten to 'burn her family to the ground'. If she wanted to come after Cookie - Hell, Lucious too, the man had been nothing but a jealous pain in the ass since she and Angelo had gotten together - but her babies, no way. What kind of woman would plot to take an innocent child away from their home, order their nephew to seduce and break her son's heart while her niece and her Doctor friend are messing with Andre's meds?

Her poor babies. She'd spend so many months being angry that she simply didn't have the energy for it anymore. Today, the bitch had been put down and now she'd pour her remaining energy into her sons and try to reverse the damage that had been done.

"I wanna stop by the hospital, and let Andre know we took care of things for him," Lucious told her, peering at her with adoration. He really must still have Dwight in him because she couldn't remember rich Lucious looking at her so tenderly, either smiling or smirking. She kind of liked it.

"Can you tell him, I love him?"

"Of course."

"Let him now I'll be there tomorrow but I'm tired tonight."

As they reached the bottom, Lucious cleared his throat. "So, Cookie, we good?" He questioned.

Cookie hesitated as he brushed her jet-black hair from her face and smiled at her. "Uh, yeah, why you say that?" she asked.

"This is me, baby, I'm back." He repeated for the hundredth time, causing Cookie to snort.

"You're back? Just like that?" she challenged, utterly unconvinced that the man standing before her was the Lucious eager to whisk her off her feet and buy her a private Island months ago.

"Not just like that," he admitted with a shrug. "I'm still seeing the music and hearing the colours. I'm kinda Lucious Plus now," he joked, unintentionally causing the corners of her mouth to upturn into a smile. His face grew serious as he proclaimed; "I'm just hoping you and me can go back to where we were."

She was taken back for a second. "Where we were? What do you mean?" A brow arched in puzzlement when he took a straighter stance and took her hands in his, rubbing her knuckles, absentmindedly, as he stared deeply into her eyes, almost seeming nervous to speak his mind.

"Either you're moving into my bedroom, babe, or you're moving out of the house." He stated.

Cookie snorted at the ultimatum. Maybe, just maybe, Lucious was getting back to his normal self.