𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE:LIES AND BACKSTORIES

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE:
LIES AND BACKSTORIES

THEY WERE ALL STANDING in the living room except for Bella, Alice and Rosalie who were in the other room. Carlisle and Esme were sitting on the couch across from Jacob who was sitting in the chair. Edward was sitting on the other chair opposite of Jacob. Emmett and Amelia stood to the side of the room whilst Emma and Jasper stood directly behind the couch.

"Sam's lost the element of surprise and he doesn't wanna take you on outnumbered. So he's not gonna come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity." Jacob explained to the family.

"He won't get through without a fight." Emmett spoke up.

Carlisle turned his head to look at his son, shaking his head slightly. "No fights. We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void. At least in Sam's mind." Jacob responded.

"Not in ours." Esme said with the slight shake of her head.

"Carlisle, no one's hunted for weeks." Amelia spoke up, her eyes glancing at the two Whitlock siblings who's eyes were a dangerous black color.

"We'll make do." Esme told her.

"Mama, if I'm going to continue to heal Bella, I need something in my system." Emma spoke with a slight frown.

"We'll figure something out." Esme assured her with a soft smile.

"You've done us a great service, Jacob. Thank you." Carlisle said with the nod of his head. Jacob nodded in response before getting up and walking out of the home. Emma shared a look with her brother, frowning at the darkened colors of his eyes. Jasper grabbed her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Emma sighed before walking out of the room, her brother following her closely.

"How are you doing?" Jasper softly asked her as they walked up to the balcony. Emma leaned against the railing, her eyes scanning the woods.

"I'm fine." She assured.

"I mean, how are you doing with the whole. . . Rose situation." Jasper hesitantly asked. Emma bit her lip as a frown fell over her features. She swallowed and offered him the best smile she could muster.

"I'm doing just fine." She lied. Jasper, even though he knew it was a lie, decided not to push it. Instead, he just nodded his head in response. Emma messed with her hands as she continued to look out at the woods. Her voice was almost a whisper when she spoke, "Jazz, are we going to be okay?" She turned her head to look at her brother.

Jasper looked at the woods for a moment before he nodded his head. "Yeah, we're going to be okay." He turned his head to look at Emma who was still looking at him. He moved his arm and wrapped it around her shoulders. Emma placed her head on his shoulder, her eyes closing as he gave her a kiss on the top of the head. "We're going to be just fine."