Back At The Tower

<<Tony>>
I look at everyone as Delilah signed off. We can't let her know who we are. With everything that we see in this world, she can't know that we fight crime. She seems like she has already seen a lot, but we don't need to add to it. Even Pepper is starting to believe her, and that is saying something. I know that when I get her application, I'm going to love it. She already seems like a hard worker, and a genius. Even if she is only 13, I can still find something for her to do. I also want to make sure that she is okay.

"Tony, please tell me you are thinking about giving her an internship," Bruce says.

I nodded. She has potential, and I feel like she hasn't had a lot of female role models in her life, so Natasha, Pepper, Wanda, and Carol would be good for her. I also feel like she would have some great ideas in the lab. Sure, Peter is young and has great ideas, but he also sometimes pitches the weirdest ideas for things he thinks people need. All I need now it her application.

Time skip for your reading pleasure

<<Delilah>>
I go to first period with Ella, and I hand in my application. My teacher smiles at me as he takes it.

"Don't count yourself out, Delilah. You have a very impressive application," he tells me.

I smile, then go to my seat. Ella and I talk until first bell rings. We have a test today, but I'm not worried. Everyone says that AP biology is supposed to be hard since it's an AP class, but I find it really easy. I get my test and immediately know that I'm fine. I go through each question and box each of my answers. I finish my test with about half the period left, so I take out a book. I know that everyone is questioning how I am done so quickly, but I don't care.

After the bell rings, Ella and I walk to geometry. We also have a test in geometry, and the same thing happens. I get the test, know it's going to be easy, breeze through it, turn it in, and read. I look at Ella and she is trying to hold in her laughter as everyone around us is struggling. This is basically how every class goes during a test. Ella tries not to laugh as everyone is in awe of me finishing quickly.

~~~

We finish the school day, and I start walking to the elementary school until I remember that I don't have that responsibility anymore. I'm a little sad because one of the best parts of my day was picking the kids up from school. I turn around and start walking back to the group home. I didn't even hear Henry behind me until he had grabbed me. Once again, he pushed me into a brick wall and held me there. I feel my head throbbing, but I know that there is nothing I can do to make the situation better. I just try to push him away and keep walking. Henry grabs my wrist, and I pull away. I just keep going until I reach the group home.

I walk inside and go straight to my room. I think Ms. Nancy said something, but I can't get over how much my head hurts. I put my backpack next to the desk, and sit down. I go to take out a binder to do homework, but there is a knock on the door. When it opens, Ms. Nancy comes in and seems concerned.

"Hey Delilah," she says. "How was school?"

"Fine," I say. "Same as always."

Ms. Nancy seemed like she was going to say something else, but I got a stabbing pain in my head and it was too much to bear. I grab my head and squeeze my eyes shut. Ms. Nancy comes over to me and I thinks she is talking, but I can't understand anything she is saying because of the pain.

I feel a hand touch my arm, but I can't tell who it is. When I try to open my eyes, everything is blurry and I can't focus. All noise has turned into gibberish and a high pitched ringing has become very present. I feel someone move me off of the desk chair and onto the ground, and I can't help but get defensive. I start trying to hit and knock whoever is holding me down, but then I feel something go into my arm. Everything starts slowing down, and eventually goes black.

<<Tony>>
I received all of the internship applications from Midtown High and started going through them with the rest of the Avengers. I was only looking for one or two new interns, so everyone was creating piles of possibilities. I notice Clint pick one up, and look at it for longer than he had for any other application. He doesn't say anything, but he just hands me the application. I read it, and immediately know that this is the one.

Everyone takes turns reading Delilah's application, and everyone is in awe. The amount of things that she has accomplished at such a young age is extraordinary. Her teacher even put a note of recommendation along with the application. Every line of writing is more impressive than the last. I look at everyone and nod. She is definitely the one.

A/N: Well, look here. We have a shorter chapter, but I hope you like it.