BONUS CHAPTER - Melanie

"Is that what I think it is?"

I look up and barely hold back a laugh at Wolfe's horrified expression.

"What?" I shrug and turn the tattoo machine off. I blow cool air on my new ink and grin at him. "You like?"

He comes closer to inspect my bicep and shakes his head slowly. "Tattoos are permanent, baby girl."

"Wow, I had no idea. If only this was my profession."

He cuts me a dry look at my snarky words before looking at the ink again, blinking in disbelief. I can't quite read his expression but I laugh because I have absolutely no regrets.

"Relax, big guy. This one means a lot to me."

"But it's so ugly."

"You're the one who drew it."

"That's why it's ugly, Mel."

I snort and look at my bicep. I mimicked the drawing of the rose Wolfe drew that day he waited outside my workplace, knowing I was having a bad day. To get my mind off things he urged me to draw something and came up with this little number in the meantime. He's right—it's ugly. My man doesn't have a single artistic bone in his body. But I don't care because that day was the day I realized that I was going to fall in love with him. And I was right, wasn't I?

"I can't believe you inked my nipple rose," He mumbles and I burst out laughing. It totally looks like a nipple, which is what I'd told him the day he drew this for me.

"But it's yours," I urge. I stand up and shove his large body into the seat instead, climbing on top of him. His mouth twitches only slightly, his naturally stoic face giving way to that tender look he only ever reserves for me, his hands going to my ass to hold me in place. I run my fingers through his hair and smile. "That's why I got it on me for life. Because it's you and me for life, right?"

"You and me," He repeats gruffly, eyes softening.

He wraps his hand around the back of my head and pulls me down, pressing his lips to mine. My arms go around him immediately as I burrow closer into his warmth, his safety, his security. When I pull back, my grin widens.

"Happy anniversary, big guy."

"Three years of you being my wife," He confirms and brings my joined hands to his lips, kissing the insides of both my palms. "Don't think I'll ever get used to it."

"Because I'm too crazy too handle," I nod solemnly and his lips twitch again.

"It's the good kind," He shrugs in agreement and I smack his shoulder. He chuckles under his breath. "Is it my turn now?"

"Yup. Just give me a minute to wrap my ink up and then I'll do you."

His brow pushes up. "Right here on the recliner? I didn't know the benefits of being married to the owner of a tattoo studio included this. You're very generous."

"What do you think about going mute again? Because I have to admit, it crosses my mind sometimes."

He chuckles good-naturedly as I climb off his lap. He crosses his arms, silently watching me put some healing cream on the ink before wrapping up my bicep. As I watch him and his naturally brooding face I can't help but feel a little nostalgic.

"I don't think I've inked you since I did your back piece."

"Yeah. That was almost five years ago."

"Five years," I repeat, chest growing a little warm. "Hmm. Who'd have thought we'd get here?"

He raises a hand up adorably, his innocence peeking out. "I did."