44 ➳ I Love You

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

I hate sleeping alone.

Especially when it comes to me being in my dark, lonely room at two in the morning, when I'm fighting the strong urges to allow myself to let expensive and short-term high giving drugs back into my body just to numb myself from feeling terrified of what I feel and what goes on within my dreams.

Or should I say nightmares, that was once a reality.

Last night I had a nightmare, after about a month or so of not having them, one had reappeared within my subconscious. It was truly horrific as it started off normal but then it was as if something had possessed it and turned it into a nightmare.

It started off with me and Hale, we were at the lookout that Hale had taken me to on our first date, it was the afternoon, we sat on the back of his expensive truck's tailgate as we watched the sun slowly set over Dayton City.

Everything about the scene was perfect as I was nestled in amongst Hales warm and woodsy scent, he had his arm around me as the soft calls of birds and the chirping of crickets around us sounded in the chilly afternoon sunset.

I got up, I needed a drink as my throat was dry and itchy, I was gone no more than a few minutes when I slammed the truck door shut, I was met with a heartbreaking sight. Hale, his once perfectly sculpted face was now beaten black and blue and oozing blood, much like what Lakyn's fists had done to Kian's face a few weeks ago.

A scream was heard sounding through the now silent area, I tried to look around to find the source of the scream but I was unable to move, it was as if I had been smothered in super glue and left to stand in my place.

"Hush darling." my once favorite person's voice rang, "I'm saving you from this boy that was about to try and make you fall in love with him."

I shook my head as a tear fell down my hot cheeks as I had realized that Hale and I weren't alone, in fact, there was someone that has managed to haunt me standing right behind Hale.

Boston had a sick and devilish grin on his face as he held a knife to Hale's throat, they were standing on the edge of the lookout, the sunset had disappeared and instead, it was replaced with dark menacing grey clouds.

"No no, don't cry." Boston said as I was still frozen in my place, "all I have to do is kill this guy for trying to take you away from me, and then we can go back home, where you belong." Boston smiled evilly as he started to slowly press the knife into Hale's neck.

I tried to look away but my body was still stuck in its place, leaving me completely and utterly defenseless. My heart rate quickened as my heart had raced and raced, I could feel myself about to have an anxiety attack.

Knowing all too well that Boston Kain is a cold-blooded psychopath and he will not let Hale have a quick death but the opposite a slow and painful one.

'Let me take his place.' I had internally begged as if he would be able to hear me.

Boston laughed as he shook his head, "I could never let you take his place, your way to special to me Eden."

My eyes widened as he had just read my mind, that's not possible. but for some unexplainable reason, it is then I might have a plan.

'Let me kill him.'

Boston now stared into my eyes with such awe and admiration, he closed his eyes and then within seconds I was freed from whatever was holding me back. I rushed over to Hales beaten side, he fell into me as I held him, blood oozed all of me.