[44] Nothing But Trouble

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

BOREDOM WAS THE only emotion that I felt currently, besides being exhausted too. I just had my home economics class—which I usually love because it is fashion related—but we had a substitute teacher today whom had no personality nor brain whatsoever, hence my paramount level of apathy.

I rushed down the corridor alongside dozens of other students whom were quickly trying to get to their next class. This period I have physical education with Coach Walker, unfortunately, so I am not very enthusiastic to attend, but, fortunately, my friends happen to also be attending that class, so at least I am not alone whilst Coach Walker's greedy eyes stare at my spandex shorts. 

Maybe if we had a female teacher that kept their eyes at an eye-level, I would participate more. I hear the rumors just as much as I create them, which is exactly how I know what Coach Walker is like. He is one of those creepy old men that advertise themself as someone half their age with a big dick and an interest in working out at the gym three hours a day, when in reality they are a male with small dick energy, a muffin top, and a teaching degree of which they only just managed to achieve.

Lucille Davis in my literature class literally showed me visual proof of him trying to talk to her on Tinder, though in the explicit and completely unsolicited picture captured of his lacking manhood, he forgot to remove his very distinguishable wedding ring and blurry yet still able to make out framed photograph of himself and his two sons.

With that in mind, I entered the girl's locker room, crowded with girls as I walked over to my assigned locker, directly neck to Blaire's, whom stood to wait for me with a scowl on her face.

"Hey, B." I greeted her with a sigh as I opened my locker and grabbed out my folded uniform followed by my shoes and placed them on the beach centered in the isle of lockers.

Blaire followed in pursuit. "How was your birthday?" she asked as she confidently removed her school skirt.

My birthday. God, that was the best day I have had in so long. I do not know what I have done to deserve a group of people that care enough to make a meaningless day the complete opposite. The surprise, the gift, the cake even, despite it being fowl, it was all so generous.

And the fact that Lakyn stayed the night made it even better. Considering my parents were out of the state, Lakyn offered to keep me company, and I was in no position to decline.

Also, I must say, those pancakes that he made were delicious, even more so because of who made them. They tasted even greater on Lakyn's tongue and lips. I recall watching the way that the maple syrup tainted his bottom lip, looking like gold leaf amidst the bright lighting. The way he put an unnecessary amount of whipped cream on top, reminding me of where it had been before.

All sexual-ness aside, it was amazing, during the time spent with Eden and Hale, and after too.

The next day my parents failed to return home. They supposedly extended their time spent their, so that they could be tourists and experience the state to its full extent. My mother said she felt terrible but used the ex-addict card to guilt trip me, claiming that being in Indiana rather than Vermont felt good and less triggering for she was distracted and in a new environment.

So, they are yet to return, still. And I am also yet to celebrate my passed birthday with them, but at least I got to celebrate it with someone, I suppose. But they come back today, so hopefully, I can spend some time with my mother, I could not care less whether it is at some five-star restaurant or in my living room, I just want to talk to her.

"Hello?" Blaire snapped her fingers in front of my face, startling me. "Earth to Lila."

I blinked, shaking my head. "Sorry, yes, my birthday was great."