HER SWEET VANILLA SCENT

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

PARACOSM
(n.) a detailed, prolonged imaginary world created by a child that includes human, or alien creations

♢ ♢ ♢

As soon as the sun peeked through her sheer curtains, Ravenna pulled herself from her sheets towards the washroom. She did the quick work of running a bath for herself.

♢ ♢ ♢

She quickly pulled herself a beige lace top to pair with her classic pair of denim jeans. Quickly running her fingers through her natural mocha waves, she applied her classic vanilla balm.

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

She walked out of her cozy bedroom towards the neatly tidied kitchen. Bending down to the wooden cabinet, she grabbed the bag of bird food that she purchased every grocery visit.

Ravenna walked back into her bedroom and to the curtained window sill. Propping open the window, she quickly filled the now empty bird feeder with the variety of seeds.

As soon as she closed the window back up, the birds went to the restocked food. Ravenna smiled lovingly as the birds chirped happily with their bellies full with a proper meal.

Walking back out of the bedroom, she quickly placed the bird food back to its place before grabbing her coat off the coat hanger and her car keys.

♢ ♢ ♢

"Hidaya tell me, did you believe the things he told you were?" The therapist softly asked the insecure 19 year old.

"I did." She answered as her gaze never left the intricate designs of the carpet beneath her feet.

"Why?" Ravenna questioned even though she knew the answer to the question very well.