EIGHT

The temperature repressed, the humidity secludes by my heart only

The temperature repressed, the humidity secludes by my heart only. He was just so hot to reach my soul despite the freezing atmosphere that rouges the room once the furnace extinguished. Even in my drunken state my existence was overwhelmed by his intense stare.

Weirdly our past encounter had not been the one where his gaze felt so bold. They were fragile then- but tonight- they were unexplainable.

It was surprising that I was able to recollect and compare. But I had to- because I wanted him to know that,

"You are beautiful"

I smile, he doesn't blink. I waited for him to thank me for appreciating him. But in a spur of moment I was yanked towards him and soon my face buried into his masculine chest. The vice embrace, the hug was so comforting. Like I didn't wanted him to let me go. Not that his hold was anything less than a promising togetherness. He held me as if I was the breathing he reunited with after an eternity of suffocation.

But-

I only snuggled to leech the warmth from him and he smelled so damn divine.

Lime and mint. And an spirit that would stay with you for a long time. Heavenly.

He had his palm cupped by the back of my head, his fingers knotted through my tresses and the other fisted my shirt by the small of my back. I wonder if he was enjoying the scent of the lavender hairspray Emily used on me too.

He soon got caught up in the moment and caressed my scalp affectionately, and I had to address it.

"You like my hair?"

He stops. Like a sudden brake in car wilds out unintentionally. I take it as my cue to tilt and look at him- God he was so close- I could move a little and my nose would touch his chin. Even his chin was sexy-

"Why so drunk?" he whispered, looking at me- But his voice was hoarse, a talk he was having with himself regarding me. And it naturally offended me.

"Because I am a grown up citizen of a country which loves maple leaves"

He frowns, I do too. What I said confused my sanity likewise. But I stepped aside, he allows me but never budged from where he stood. He ran a hand through his hair- and in a jiffy I suspected I had something of his to be returned. But couldn't remember what.

"Are you following me? I know I have something of yours with me" lifting my face to match his height, which I couldn't even with the biting heels that ate my feet, I think I narrowed my eyes at him. I could be winking with both my eyes too. But wasn't it just blinking?

"Of mine? What?" irrespective of previous silenced, he amusedly asked. "My heart?" the mumbling tone was accusative. But I- Althea –forgot my middle name- Davies wasn't having it.

"Are you flirting with me Mister?"

He doesn't answer, but playfully bites his lower lip to shrug thoughtfully. His entire demeanor changed in instant. So versatile- I was too. To show him that teasing me wasn't permitted I gave him a deceitful look, the sass radiated from the curve of my lips before I moved to leave.