[36] Trust

With Jex's shirt now removed, and my jacket removed with the straps of my singlet top hanging off my shoulders. I moan softly at the feelings of his lips on my neck 

"So this is my office by the way." He smirks against my skin as his hands move down towards my jeans, unbuttoning them.

Knock knock the office door sounds

"Busy." Jex yells, turning his head away for my face so he doesn't yell in my ear then turns right back to me and grips my jaw, pulling my face to his as he begins kissing me hard once more.

The door to the office opens, pulling both of our attention and Jex backs away. "What the fuck Tahlia?" He snaps

"I need to talk to you Jex and it can't wait."

"I said I'm busy."

"Yeah I see that, but girlfriend here will just have to wait for the dick okay?"

I rise my brows in surprise and fix the straps on my top. Wonderful the Viper's think I'm just a whore.

"Excuse me a second." Jex leans down and presses a kiss to my lips "I'll be right back." He backs away and turns to Tahlia "walk, now." He snaps

The door slams causing me to jump slightly and I bite down on my bottom lip

"Were you not present at the meeting Tahlia? Do not speak to Bella like that, she's your boss and she sure as hell isn't some toy I'm playing around with, she's my girlfriend and the mother of my baby." I her his voice raised from outside the door "so I would appreciate it if you don't speak to her like she's some kind of whore."

"Well at least it makes sense now, how she won she over so good, she puts out whenever you want it." I hear her snarky remark

"Really? This is all over jealously? You're mad because I turned down your offer of sex when Bella and I had been broken up for all of a week before getting back together." He laughs in a pissed off tone "if anyone's looking like the whore here it's you Tahlia."

"Whatever." She huffs "that isn't what I came to speak to you about. I came to tell you that I'm not comfortable working under a Cobra. I don't trust her and I don't think you should either, but she has you trapped good, I see that now."

"What makes you hate her so badly other then she's mine?"

"I'm telling you Jex, I don't trust her. Were you even there with all this stuff went down with her family? How do you know it's real and not just an act? she could be using you and the baby as a way to destroy the Vipers and then once it's all done walk away back to the Cobras with YOUR baby. Jex I'm trying to look out for you here, am I jealous of her, yes I am, do I wish I was in her place, yes I do, you know I've always had a crush on you. But I'm saying all of this out of pure worry for you."

"Look." He sighs "I appreciate your concern, but you don't know the ins and outs of everything that happened. I trust Bella and I love her and of this all blows up in my face then okay I'm a fucking idiot, but that's not going to happen."

"In that case, I don't think I can work for you anymore, unless you can give me a reason to stay."

"If you're asking me to choose between having you on my team or Bella. Then I'm sorry Tahlia, you know where the door is." He lets out an annoyed sigh.

"I figured that would be your answer. Well I hope it all turns out the way you want it to and it doesn't blow up in your face and you end up with nothing."

"It won't."

"But if it does. You'll always have my number." Is the last thing I hear before I hear her heels walking towards the exit door.