Earth Mode ON: THIRTY SEVEN

All I could hear was the faint sound of my breathing as my vision got blurry

All I could hear was the faint sound of my breathing as my vision got blurry. I felt someone caress the hair near my hairline, and saw masked people dressed in blue and white move around and pass on some metallic objects that I couldn't see properly. The mad beating of my heart made my chest feel so uncomfortable, and the fact that my breathing was faint but my heart felt energised gave me anxiety. I let myself gulp before finally deciding to close my eyes. I felt very lightheaded, and before I could even think about it, I found myself getting transmitted into my own dream land.

What I heard were sounds of waves clashing against rocks. My vision started getting adjusted gradually as the scent of the salty sea water made it's way into my nose. Once I could see everything properly, I took my time to observe my surroundings. The sun shone the brightest it ever could, and the waves were energetic, clashing against a line of huge rocks decorating the sides of the sea shore. The blue color of the sky mixed with the white clouds that looked like soft cotton candy made my heart flutter and a smile rise on my face. The birds chipped and flew over the vast amounts of water until they disappeared beyond the horizon. The wind blew slightly, making my hair sway on my cheeks as if it was its own dancefloor in a royal ball. The sand was so soft and had a very light brown color, making it look like brown sugar. In a great distance, I could see an area of land filled with trees and colourful flowers which gave more life to the place. Beyond that, there were just some buildings scattered about randomly all over the place, and the lights of cars that kept the streets busy. I looked ahead of me and realized that the place did look familiar.

Jeju island.

I have been here before with my family. We used to come here every summer for a week to spend some quality time together away from the busy life in Seoul. It was also a perfect place for me to take strolls along the sea shore and reflect on different aspects of my life. It was the only time of the year that I was capable of feeling tranquility. I walked every inch of this beach before, so I was pretty aware of where I was.

There was this tree that I always had to sit under to listen to music and read my favorite books everytime I visited the place, and I could see it very clearly from where I was standing. The flowers on it had already bloomed, and so it looked as beautiful as it could ever be. I walked towards it and halted the moment I was under it. The wind blew past me, making a couple of leaves fall from the tree like rain. I stretched my arm out and tried to capture a leaf until I noticed how clean my arm was. I wasn't even scratched one bit. I let my attention divert to my body. I examined both my arms and noticed that both were extremely clean and unharmed. Then I looked down only to see myself in a white, flowy, knee length dress that shone under the sun due to its extreme cleanliness. My hair seemed to be tidy and had the scent of fresh flowers. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled.