II

The sound that I despised most in this world was ringing loudly throughout my ears

The sound that I despised most in this world was ringing loudly throughout my ears. A cliché, I know, but how else was I meant to be awoken for my first day of Uni ahead of me.

Obviously, it wasn't me who had set the alarm, no, I could never have been that responsible last night. Of course, it was Ivy, the one who seemed to be the ablest to make the crucial decisions no one else seemed capable of doing.

Loud groans repeated around the, on the smaller side, flat that we shared. Obvious it wasn't just me who wasn't feeling the consequences of last night in the form a pounding on my head, I joined in with the groans of protests the other girls were making, due to the fact that no one had turned off that stupid, loud, annoying beeping of the alarm.

After a few more painful minutes, the dreadful noise ceased and I stumbled up from the sofa and made my way to the bathroom. Putting on my outfit for the day, which was surprisingly summery, as the weather was actually hot for a change, and applying my moisturiser and makeup after my shower, I made my way back to our living room where Yara was cooking breakfast.

She was dressed in a bright yellow dress that complimented her skin perfectly, if I ever tried to wear anything like that, with my skin tone, it would just look awful, yet here Yara was looking like a Goddess. As usual.

Ivy came sauntering into the room and plopped down next to me on a stool in front of the island.

"Why did we even go out last night?" Yara groaned, whilst scrambling some eggs for us all.

"Because Ivy convinced us that it would be a good idea." I told her resentment clear in my tone.

"Yeah, well, Ivy once convinced us it would be a good idea to go skinny dipping in the sea once and when we came out that old couple were terrified and threatened to call the police." Yara exclaimed.

"Hey! It's not all my fault you could have said no."

"True" I grumbled. Yara began serving up the eggs onto three separate plates and also gave us an Ibuprofen each to help fix our morning hangover.

All three of us were ecstatic for our first day. Last year we all decided to take a gap year, and we travelled around a lot of Europe mainly Greece, where we stayed with my grandparents most of the time.

At first, it was going to be just Ivy and Yara, however, that year my father passed away and I didn't really feel like going to University anymore, so Ivy and Yara asked me if I wanted to join them.

I thought that my mum wouldn't want me to go, but she was the one who encouraged me.

It wasn't that big of a shock when he died, unfortunately we could all see it was going to happen. Cancer. Stupid cancer. Even though it wasn't a shock that didn't stop the immense pain that came with it.