Chapter-6

Ashton's POV

I was working on my laptop in my office when my assistant came to serve me my black coffee and informed me that Arinya Young is here for the interview. I looked at the time on my wristwatch and it was 2 minutes until 10:30. I asked my assistant to send her inside. She called the receptionist on my floor and asked her to send Miss Young to my cabin.

"Miss Rose, take this coffee back. I am in no mood for caffeine right now." I ordered and she obliged.

I heard a soft knock on the door and said "come in."

"Do you need anything else sir?" My assistant asked.

"No, you can leave now." I said. She nodded and turned around.

The door opened and an incredibly gorgeous woman entered. She was dressed in a simple formal attire yet she managed to look extremely pretty. Her face clearly showed how nervous she was. A while later my assistant bumped into her and spilled coffee all over her.

I shouted on my assistant and ordered her to get the mess cleaned up right away. She apologized and left the office in a hurry. The lady stood in the same position with a very embarrassed look on her face. She squatted a little to pick her file up from the floor but I asked her to get cleaned up first. She agreed and went into the washroom.

An employee came to clean the floor. He picked up the file and I ordered him to keep it on my table. He did the needful and went away. I grabbed the file and saw the designs.
I would be lying if I say I was not impressed by her designs. They were really mind-blowing.
But that won't change my mind to test if this beauty has got brains too or not. I can't just employ her on the basis of these designs. After all getting a job in my office isn't that easy. 

When she came out I asked her if she's fine. She said yes in a polite voice.
Let's check if she's capable of working in my company or not.

"So let's begin the interview?" I asked.

"Y..yes sure." She replied.

"Okay, have a seat." I said.

"So tell me something about your work experience in this business?" I asked her.

"I... I am a graduate in MFA from New York's School Of Interior Design but I certainly have no prior experience as a professional interior designer." She replied.

"I see.. Okay so I saw your designs and they are really good" I gestured towards the file and continued "but I can't just appoint you on the basis of these designs."

"Umm..okay." She replied nervously and started fidgeting her fingers.

"Okay let me get straight to the point, you're being interviewed for the position of a head designer, so before I hire you I need to make sure that you can work under immense pressure." I stated.

"Mr King, I.. I am very focused towards my work and I'll try my best not to disappoint you in any way." She replied not looking in my eyes.

"Well I'll buy your word but I still want you to draw a very basic design of your choice for me right now. I want to assess your skills." I spoke and she shook her head in a nod.

I picked up the intercom and called my assistant. I asked Miss Rose to direct Miss Young to a vacant cabin and provide her with everything she needs.

"Miss Young." I called her when she was about to leave my office. She turned and I spoke.

"You've just 1 hour to showcase your talent. Your time starts now." I said in a stern voice. She whispered "yes" in a low voice. She's clearly stressed now.