˗ˋ 23

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH HER HANGOVER HITS

. . .

"Morning sleepy head." Were the first three words that Tiger heard as she woke up. Only a groan could be heard in reply as the girl pulled the covers over her head. "You're lucky it's a Saturday, I don't have to force you out of bed."

Once again, only a groan could be heard, and as of then, only the top of Tiger's head could be seen, the rest covered by the red sheets of James's Potters bed.

"I think I might be sick." Tiger said, throwing back the covers and wincing. She was greeted by a bowl by the bed, and felt someone sit behind her, holding back her hair as she threw up and rubbing her back.

"As it turns out, the house elves are very good at making hangover care packages. I suppose they would be after having Sirius drunk multiple times a year." The person explained, and Tiger recognised the voice as James, slumping against his chest.

Using the cold cloth that was sat on the bedside table, James cleaned Tiger's face gently, and quickly cleaning the bowl with a spell, setting it down with the cloth.

The girl had her eyes closed, and using his wand once again, James closed the curtains on his windows. "What time is it? And where am I?" Tiger asked, her eyes still closed.

"You're in the boys dorm." James explained. "It's around lunch on Saturday. And don't worry, Sirius and Lydia put you to bed last night."

"You said about a care package?" Tiger asked a couple of minutes later, her eyes still closed. "Is there water and something for this shit headache?"

"There is water, and I'm pretty sure that Sirius will have something off Madame Pomfrey for that. Or I could go get your own?" James gently lifted Tiger off of him, going over to his friends bedside table and examining a couple bottles next to it. "Here." He said, making his way back over and slipping back onto his bed, Tiger sitting up and leaning on him again.

Taking the glass of water on the bedside table, Tiger swallowed a couple sips of the potion which Sirius had, then cringing and drinking some of the water.

"It smells exactly like what you smelt off at the party in here. And lemons. Didn't you smell of lemons last night?" Tiger rambled slightly and James smiled slightly.

"I got my mum to send me more of the cologne that I wore, after you asked." James admitted, and Tiger seemed to take a deep breath, a small smile appearing on her face.

"I wasn't being 100% serious. But it smells nice." She murmured, taking another sip of water, her head resting on James's shoulder, eyes still closed.

The pair sat in silence for a few minutes, Tiger slowly trying to adjust her eyes and even attempt to open them, the headache pounding in her head almost stopping from doing so. Soon the only sound in the room was James slowly moving the pages of the book he had balanced on the small portion of the bed left.

"How much did I drink last night?" Tiger asked, her fingers drawing a circle pattern over James's bed covers.

"About two-thirds of the bottle? I think so anyways. I didn't drink too much and there was a little bit left over." James explained, pointing out the bottle on Sirius's nightstand. "Padfoot was more than happy to have the rest."