Chapter 40

Chapter 40: Yan Hua Breaks Down

Yan Hua stands blankly outside the intensive care unit and looks at her small son lying in bed through the small window. The bed is so big, but her son is so small. His whole body is full of tubes, his head is wrapped in gauze, and he has to lie there on his side.

"Gungun..." Yan Hua can't help sobbing and she bites her lips as hard as she can.

When Lang Ruoxian comes over, he sees this scene.

Even if she knew what kind of unknown and difficult challenges she would face when she entered into Lang Family, the woman was not afraid. She was careful with everyone and she was still alive and beautiful.

But now her face is pale and her hair is messy. Her trembling body bends slightly. She loses her vitality as if she is sucked out of her soul.

"Yan Hua..." He opens his mouth.

Yan Hua turns back fiercely, Lang Ruoxian is shocked.

"What are you doing?" Yan Hua asks coldly with an offish voice.

Her eyes are full of hatred, confusion, and sadness that he can't understand.

"Are you blaming me?" Lang Ruoxian looks at her, "Because I chose to save you."

Yan Hua turns her head and doesn't look at him, and she refuses to say a word to him.

"In that case, I made what I thought was the best choice." Lang Ruoxian stares at the glass window and then draws back his eyes quickly, "I am not the God, I didn't know that Gungun would fall on the board."

No one would have thought that there was a nail on the board. If Gungun just fell to the ground, such a small baby would generally be okay, but...

"You are both here." Lang Hongyue comes over at this time, looks at them and says, "Ruoxian, you go back to pick up your grandpa. He wants to come to see Gungun."

Lang Ruoxian nods and looks at Yan Hua again. Seeing that Yan Hua's eyes are blank as if her heart is dead, Lang Ruoxian clenches his fist and turns away.

"Didn't I remind you before?" Lang Hongyue says harshly, "Gungun is Lang Ruoxian's only stumbling block. Without this son, Lang Consortium will be his. Why do you still have a relationship with him?"

"Do you think that you are beautiful enough to make men listen to you? Ah... don't be stupid!" Lang Hongyue sees that Yan Hua does not respond, so she can no longer hold back her anger. She pushes Yan Hua on the shoulder and then slaps her.

"I tell you! If your son dies, you will be useless. I have made great efforts on you and I have wasted so much time. If you destroy my plan, I will destroy you!"

Lang Hongyue uses all her strength to slap Yan Hua, so Yan Hua's face is swollen and even the corners of her mouth are broken by her teeth. Blood flows down her chin into her neck, but Yan Hua seems unconscious. Her body sways and then she turns to stare at the glass.

"Hum! You've made a big mistake, what kind of mother do you pretend to be now?" Lang Hongyue spits and walks away with her high-heeled shoes.

Lang Ruoxian takes Lang Cha to the hospital five hours later. As soon as he gets out of the elevator, he sees a small figure standing outside the intensive care unit.

"Is that Yan Hua?" Lang Cha apparently sees her, too.

Lang Ruoxian holds Lang Cha's hand tightly, and then shows a bitter smile, "She is worried about Gungun."

"It is normal for mother and son to have a heart-to-heart relationship." Lang Cha looks at him and says, "Is she blaming you?"

Lang Ruoxian does not answer, and takes a step forward, "Would you like to see her?"