Chapter 32 - Little Minds (ii)

⚠️Trigger warning for this chapter⚠️

A/N: Just to forewarn you before reading, this chapter is disturbing and might be triggering to some, please be mature about it ^^'

'Hey girl, open the walls, play with your dolls. We'll be a perfect family'

'Everyone thinks that we're perfect,

please don't let them look through the curtains.'

- - -

The drawing was mostly black, the figure entirely coloured in, just as Lisa had described. 'The Shadow Man'. She had left two white holes where the eyes would be, its head tilted ever so slightly to the side on a long neck like it was mocking you. 

The rest of the picture had what looked to be her toys scattered about her bedroom floor, a unicorn rocking horse, lots of teddies and plushies, a few dolls, and a doll house.

Another thing that had you wondering was the four sets of possible eyes dotted beneath the drawing of Lisa's bed. She had only mentioned there being one 'Shadow man'...

From what Lisa had said you remembered her saying the 'shadow man' was able to touch her, sending a lightbulb going off in your head. Was this thing a poltergeist? They were usually the only spirits that could make physical contact with things in the living realm. 

You stood, looking at the drawing a minute longer before carefully folding the paper and sliding it into your bag with your other essentials needed for the case. 

You left your office to bring Jungkook from his room down to the foyer where Yugyeom would be waiting outside with the van. You knew you couldn't just leave without Jungkook. You had promised to take him with you, and you couldn't go back on your word. You couldn't have him feeling sad and confused, thinking that you didn't want to spend time with him. 

Yugyeom drove you and Jungkook to your destination in the van shortly after. He too had been sceptical about Jungkook coming along for the case but you had assured him everything would be fine. 

The Manoban's home was an average family house. Two bedrooms on the upper floor, a kitchen, dining room, lounge, one bathroom on each floor and a basement. Mr and Mrs Manoban had welcomed the three of you in warmly, but something bothered you the moment you stepped foot into the threshold of the house.

Everything seemed in place, homey and normal. Maybe a bit too normal.

You eyed the family photo stuck in the frame on the wall, Mrs Manoban holding little Lisa's hand and Mr Manoban with his arm around Lisa's shoulders. Unlike her parents, Lisa wasn't smiling in the photo. If anything she looked tense. You supposed she was in that stage where she felt awkward having her picture taken. 

"Well this is our home. I'd say to make yourself feel comfortable but as we spoke about the other day, our home may be haunted."

Something brushed up against your leg upon entering the home and you looked down to see a white ragdoll cat rubbing its face up against you.