Chapter 36 - Case iii

Jimin placed his phone on his desk with the screen faced down coolly as he sat in his voluminous velvety leather office chair in his spacious office, the interior designed for high-end modern luxury. His face remained expressionless as he interlocked his hands on his crossed legs in his chair, staring at the device as his mind lingered around the recent call.

It was mildly annoying that he had been in long and tedious meetings all day, and now that he'd heard his new favourite thing had gone missing. His brow twitched in irritation. He could only suspect one culprit. 

Jimin pinched the bridge of his nose as he let out a frustrated sigh.

"It seems as though Miss (L/n) has gotten herself into a bit of a pickle," Jimin commented aloud. The only other person in the room was Daehyun, as usual not uttering a word and standing with his shoulders taught and arms behind his back in a strictly professional manner. 

"Usually I would wait it out, but Namjoon is rather a loose cannon and I would prefer her pretty little self to be unharmed," Jimin's eyes swept over to his personal assistant and body guard, Daehyun. "Assemble a small recon team to find the whereabouts of Kim Namjoon. When you find him, let me know."

Daehyun bowed robotically and left the office without hesitation, striding away with purpose. 

Jimin let out a breath and craned his neck looking up at the ceiling. 

Is all of this effort over one girl worth it? He pondered.

He drew in his bottom lip with his teeth nibbling on it absentmindedly. Then, he giggled to himself.

"I think it might be."

The following night went by in a blur, leaving you shivering and having vague dreams of your mother in happier days before her death, until it was suddenly the next day, early afternoon. 

Your head seemed to have taken on a dull ache, from a few things; the time Namjoon had knocked you out to when he had forced you to consume a high percentage of alcohol and to being quite dehydrated by this point. The migraine had been so constant that you had merely grown used to it by now. Your throat was parched. You'd do anything for some water right about now.

Namjoon was nowhere to be seen when you finally woke up, allowing the stiffness in your body to relax slightly, not having to be constantly on guard whether he was going to attack you or not. 

You forced yourself up onto your feet, your mission to find water your top priority and hopefully something to eat as you were also famished. 

You were cautious as you left the room, instincts on alert and eyes scanning left to right for sign of any people. Who knew how many people came and went in this place. You could only hope that your moving around wouldn't be suspected as trying to escape. You were keen on keeping all of your limbs in attached to your body after-all. 

You had small hopes to run into Yong-sun as she seemed keen on offering you a hand the last time. You were grateful for her kindness, and you were also understanding to why she wouldn't help you escape. She would have to take the brunt of the consequences if she did.