1 4 | J U L I A

He took a few more steps and the moonlight fell on his face and I let out a shaky sigh of relief.

"Braxton." I breathed out.

He removed his jacket and wrapped it around my bare shoulders making me realize that the man had managed to tear apart my top leaving my back and a part of my front exposed.

"W-What're you doing here?" I asked, looking at the motionless man.

"Let's get out of here first. I'll tell you everything." He touched my forearm, a little hesitant to get close to me. "My car is down the road."

I got up and we started walking. I couldn't help but look back at the man and the blood looking around him. "You didn't kill him, did you?"

"No," he exhaled harshly. "He's just unconscious and has lost a little blood. I've just broken his nose...and a few teeth but other that he should be fine." He put an arm around my shoulder and I flinched back, not expecting it. "Sorry. But stop looking at him. We should leave."

"The hotel where I'm staying, it's just around here. Thank you for helping but I'll go now."

"Julia, no. It's possible that this man knows where you're living and even if you change your place of residence, he still knows where you work. God knows how many men had been following you like that. I'm not taking chances. You're not going to live here, please."

"How do you know he's been following me around? Did you hear him say that?"

He didn't say anything. "I'm going to tell you everything when we get to my house. Just please, I don't want to leave you here."

I hesitantly nodded, mostly because I was so scared that he'd wake up and come after me again.

Braxton placed a hand on the small of my back. His touch was feathery light and I wanted to see if his hand was really even there. He guided me to his car and ushered me in.

Once he was sitting in the driver's seat, he turned to face me. "He didn't hurt you, did he?"

I shook my head slightly. He didn't but he definitely scarred me for life. I was sure I wouldn't venture out after dark alone, that was just how scared I was.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No, I'm fine." I whispered, clearing my throat a little.

He looked at me for a few seconds to see if I was telling the truth but I simply blinked back at him.

"Okay," he then started the car and pulled away from the sidewalk. "I'm going to call the cops and tell them what happened."

My eyes widened. If news of this got out and reached Dan, he'd find me in a heartbeat. I shook my head and he cracked an understanding smile.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure your name or your photos don't get out. People might think that you're Juliet."

I relaxer back into the seat at his words. "Are you taking me to your house?"

He nodded. "That's the safest place for you to be at."

"Thank you for what you did back there. If you hadn't come, if he would've gotten to me..."

I was startled when he put a hand on my folded ones. "Don't thank me for what I was supposed to do if I found someone in that situation. And don't think about it. You're here, you're safe. He's very far away from you."

I nodded fervently as I blinked back tears. A comfortable silence fell upon us and it was an hour later that he finally drove through the gates of his house.