Arc 2.4 - A Dumb Bet

Editor : Galaxy723

Leopold jumped in surprise, since he knew from the voice that it was his mother, ‘What the hell was that!? Did Duke Greymont die or something for Elizabeth to be that happy!?’

He came out of his room and took a peek at what was happening downstairs. There was…his mother and brother sitting down together with his father? He saw Elizabeth taking out a book, and she pointed at its contents happily, Okay what's going on right now-

Leopold stepped down the stairs quietly, trying to figure out the situation. He approached his mother and asked: "Mother, why did you scream so loudly?" 

Duke Greymont heard his question and turned to face him, "Elizabeth is thinking of who she should invite to an upcoming event. Xavier is of age now, and we're going to hold a banquet to search for a suitable marriage candidate for him."

"Yes, correct! Mommy's always very happy for parties, you should know that!" Elizabeth rambled along about how she would decorate the place, the exotic food that's going to be added there, and of course, they're serving some good quality wine. It's a must for a Greymont's banquet.

Elizabeth turned the pages of the book she was holding rapidly and Leopold saw a glimpse of Layla's portrait there. He thought it would be a great chance to complete another mission at this event, but he couldn't force Xavier to marry Layla, there must be love involved to complete the mission after all.

At the same time he was racking his brains to think up a plan, the female lead’s destruction progress bar's percentage had slightly increased. He asked Bai Qiu, (Hey. Why did it increase when I didn't do anything at all?)

[You see Host, Lilian is staying at the royal family's palace and she offended Theodore when she tried to trash talk about you, ne.]

(It's probably because I reconciled with him earlier than the previous Leopold) He started to think it was not so bad that Theodore came unto him first. At least the mission got easier.

Suddenly Elizabeth clapped and the maids came, preparing a luxurious meal for the whole family. It was dinner time when Leopold came downstairs, just at the right time.

Leopold sat the furthest from the Duke, he took a look at the food in front of him and the whole table. They're all seafood. Leopold's allergic to them. The previous Leopold won't reveal that he gets allergic reactions because his father will assume that he's just seeking attention, faking illness. It seems like the maids pretty much hate Leopold, so they try to hurt Leopold in the most subtle way they could. It doesn't seem surprising that the Greymont family got used to eating seafood every Monday or Thursday dinner, even after eating them repeatedly, they still taste delicious.

The previous Leopold had told the maids that he was allergic to seafood, AND he berated them in front of his father during dinner at one point, but Duke Greymont dismissed him by saying if he makes one more person quit their job at the mansion then he will disown him. Duke Greymont thought that Leopold just wanted to bully the maids and discriminate against them just for his own fun. That old man doesn't have a brain, what kind of kid likes bullying maids when they're literally ten years old?

But Leopold's has been replaced by Changle. He won't just sit down and eat an unfulfilling meal, he was quite the foodie. He asked the system, (Hey, give me some pills that'll make me have an instant allergic reaction, the cheapest one you can get from the store.) 

[Okay, Host, the pills cost 50 points; points remaining : 2,050 points.]

Leopold sneakily ate the pill, it's convenient that he's placed the furthest from everybody that was currently dining on the table. He then called out the name of the maid he remembered taking part in the harassment towards Leopold, her name was Angela. She was Leopold's personal maid, she had stolen gold from him numerous times, sometimes burning him with wax, making him scream in his sleep. She also likes to publicly shame him by making deliberate mistakes. 

"You, come here." Leopold said coldly with a condescending glare. 

"Open your mouth wide." 

Angela did what she was told to. This order was in front of the whole family after all, she had to obey. She didn't know what he was doing though.

He then took an abundance of the food on the table, forcing it into the maid's mouth, so much of it that she started to choke and gasp for air. She held Leopold's arm weakly, begging him to stop. Her eyes forced out tears. 

The whole family stared in shock. Duke Greymont slammed the table and yelled at the other servants while pointing at them, "Hurry up and help her! What are you doing standing stupidly!?"

Elizabeth's eyes widened, she knew that Leopold is quite an unruly brat, but she didn't expect that he'll make a big commotion that could be a potential threat to her standing in the family!

A couple of guards came to subdue Leopold, and he didn't struggle. He was held by his arms, standing in front of his father. Duke Greymont asked him angrily, "Why do you always make trouble everywhere I'm at!? Are you that desperate for attention!?"

"Desperate? What I did was just plain punishment. She did something wrong, and I have the authority as her master to punish her. She has been feeding me seafood although I'm allergic to it. I've also told her before."

"Tch, why do you lie so much? Don't bother arguing, I clearly know who's in the wrong here."

Leopold's eyes widened in disbelief, denying the truth that his role model, his idol, his father, doesn't trust him and rather trust a simple maid. 

"Why do you think I'm lying?"

[Fighting, Host! This is such a good drama~~] 

In his heart, Changle knew that Bai Qiu is currently watching the show while eating popcorn, ah.

"Isn't it clear that you're not allergic at all? We have seafood often and I didn't see you having an allergic reaction, nor rashes appear on your body."

"Release me, I'll prove it to you. If I do have reactions you have to follow what I order. If I don't, I will leave this family and I won't appear in front of your face ever again."

Duke Greymont was confident he'd win the bet since he knew his son like the back of his hand, and he also wanted to push him out of the family so this was a great deal! 

"Call someone to bear as a witness and a doctor in case he fakes his reaction. What happens here is absolute. The bets of the winner will be carried out."

"Please stop what you're doing, Leo!" Xavier shouted, worried for him. What if he loses? He will not be able to see him again. Negative and pessimistic thoughts rushed into Xavier's mind.

So much for Xavier's worry, Leopold directly ignored his older brother.

The doctor and the witness came, everyone's attention is directed at this family feud, mostly wishing for the Duke to win.

"Alright. I will start eating." Leopold ate quickly, digging into the food in an elegant manner. He stopped suddenly, he choked as he had trouble breathing, rashes appeared on his skin, and his face swelled. 

It's clear who the winner was.

The doctor rushed to Leopold's side, treating him and injecting him with medicine, calming down the symptoms. Leopold coughed and said in a raspy voice, "For my first order, I want…" in the middle of his sentence, he suddenly fainted. It seems that the severe reaction took a toll on his body.