🍒 Cherries and Gold 🏆

"Always, always trust your gut.

If you feel like something is wrong,

that's because it usually is,"

~Unknown

.....

Chapter 6

Y/N Pov

Shaking my head vigorously to rid my brain of those memories. I stand and pack all the papers and things back into the two boxes.

I head out of my office and out of the packhouse. Mom had her little cottage not too far from my packhouse. It was a short walk. I set off and walk there.

"Hey, Y/n!" I turn at the sound of my name and see Jennie running towards me. I wait for her to catch up to me. "Need help?" She beams.

I nod. "Sure, what's up with you?" I ask curiously.

"I never say it, but I love and appreciate you, Y/n."

I furrow my brow, quizzically. "Ok, spill it. What brought this own?"

"I can't just say I love you?"

"No. Not at all. What's going on?"

"I just wanted to thank you for talking to Lisa. We're back friends again, by the way."

"Good. It was a stupid fight, anyway." I nod in her direction.

She scoff. "Who are you to say what's stupid and what's not?"

"I'm your best friend, Jennie. Besides, you let a mate you haven't even met yet affect your current friendships. I'm worried about what you'll do when he or she gets here." I sigh and shake my head. "I know what Lisa said was insensitive, but it's been 5 years, you need to work on yourself, Jennie,"

"I know, it's gonna take a while, but I'll work on it." She sighs and reaches for my hand.

I hold her hand, "Ok, I believe you."

The scent of wild cherries and honey fills my nose and sends my senses into a frenzy.

"Do smell that?" I ask Jennie.

"Smell what?" She responds.

"Cherries," I offer, vaguely. Unable to find the words to describe it, I sigh in frustration.

"No, not at all." She says, simply.

"Weird." I murmur to myself.

We finally reach my Mom's cottage, I use my key and unlock the door.

"Mom! Mom! Your home?" I shout. We set the boxes on the coffee table in the living room and leave a note. "She must not be home." I reason and we head out. The smell hits me hard when we get outside again. I can feel my pulse quickening and my wolf surfacing. My knees feel so weak that my knees buckle.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Jennie asks, concerned. "Your eyes,"

And my eyes slowly get brighter

And my eyes slowly get brighter. The golden color intensifies.

"What's going on, Y/n?" Jennie asks frantically

I don't respond. I just stand and runoff, towards the mysterious smell.

I know that Jennie will be worried, so I mindlink her, I'm fine, really. I just have something to handle. Don't worry. Be right back. I tell her.

It's silent for a moment, Okay, she responds and cuts the mindlink.

I pick up the pace, running as hard as I can.

What is going on? I think.

A/N:

Yayyyy! Another chapter another day!

Bye my berries!

Edited: ✔️

~Strawberry Marie🍓🍓