Earth Mode ON: THIRTY EIGHT

I opened my eyes slowly and rubbed them, feeling some form of bright light pierce my eyes, making them ache for a slight moment

I opened my eyes slowly and rubbed them, feeling some form of bright light pierce my eyes, making them ache for a slight moment.  I sat up straight before rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand. I saw Namjoon sleeping on the chair next to my bed, head hanging low and arms folded against his chest as faint breaths exited his slightly parted mouth. It was already dark outside, and the only sources of light were the light bulbs that hung from the wooden poles that held the camp high and intact. There were still many patients arriving at the camp, and the nurses were still running everywhere, but the atmosphere was little bit quieter than it was during the day.

I decided to let Namjoon sleep since he had gone too long without sleep lately. I looked to the direction of my right arm and saw a needle stuck to the top of my hand. The needle was attached to a rubber wire that rose all the way to a bag filled with some form of transparent fluid. The realization made me feel a sudden sting where the needle was inserted but I shrugged it off. Just then, I saw a some of men walk inside the camp carrying ten stretchers with bodies covered with blood stained, white sheets. One of them wasn't stained with blood at all, but it was kind of stuck to the body as though it was wet.

Those must be the dead.

My thoughts immediately went back to Chung Ae. I really hope someone found his body and brought it along or else I will have to carry this feeling of extreme guilt in my heart for as long as I live and I'm terrified that it might even come along with me to the afterlife.

"Seo Yeon!" I heard two voices shout at me from a distance. I turned my head in the direction of the two voices and saw Taehyung and Jin run in between thousands of beds just to reach me. A smile immediately formed on my face at their sight, all healthy and stable.

Once they reached my bed, they accidentally pushed Namjoon's chair slightly which woke him up with fear.

"Oh. Hi hyung," Taehyung said with a smile to the annoyed Namjoon and he smiled back sarcastically.

"Sorry," Jin said then shrugged his shoulder.

Suddenly, they both diverted their attention to me.

"How are you feeling?" Jin asked me and I nodded as a response.

"Well," I replied back, but then got taken aback when Taehyung hugged me out of nowhere.

"Oh," I suddenly let out with a smile and let my hands raise themselves slowly to his back.

"I'm glad you are okay," He said then let me go.

"How are you? Are you okay? Do you not have any injuries?" I asked him with worry, but his smile made me feel better.

"I'm fine. You really need to stop worrying about us," He replied back then ruffled my hair.

"What about Jimin and Hoseok?" I asked him," Are they alright?"

His expression hardened a bit, but he tried to hide it as much as he possibly could.