𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

Requested by @happy4thofJulyyy

Title: Fireworks

Key: (f/c)= favorite color 

My favorite day of the year- besides Halloween and National Taco Day- was here. The fourth of July. It would be my first one with the turtles and I was so happy to spend it with them. My parents had gone out to a 7/4 party, so I told them I would go to the city display with some friends.

"Guys!" I shouted, happily, running into the lair. I looked around and saw the boys all sitting on the couch, watching the small television in front of them.

"Hey, (y/n)," they all smiled, as I walked over to them.

"What are y'all doing? Get ready!" I rushed them, stopping when they looked at me in confusion, "Guys? We're gonna go watch the fireworks." they didn't move.

"Yeah, that's what we're doing," Raph gestured to the t.v. I sighed and walked over to the box, turning it off.

"Come on, guys. Get up. We're gonna go watch some real fireworks."

++++++++++

Climbing onto the rooftop, I gestured for the boys to follow me up. There were people lined up on the street in front of us, sitting on chairs and blankets. They were all laughing and watching children play with Sparklers while they waited for the giant display.

"Are you sure, (y/n)?" Leo turned to me, worriedly. I could see the hope and excitement in his eyes, along with his brothers. I smiled at him.

"I watch fireworks up here every year and no ones ever bothered me. We'll be fine, Leo," he grinned and then crawled over to his brothers, sitting with them and gesturing me over. Sitting together, I leaned behind me and reached into my backpack, pulling out a couple of Sparkler sticks. Lighting them up, I handed them to the boys and laughed as they waved the sticks around in confusion.

"You're doing it right. Don't worry, guys. Have fun!" they all smiled and immediately began sword fighting, avoiding the bright edges as they burned down.

Finally, it was time.

"Guys, come sit. It's starting," I called the turtles over and we all sat back down facing the street. Excitedly, we all started counting down with everyone below us.

"Five...four...three...two...one!"

The first firework exploded into the dark sky, a bright red and gold painting the sky. Raph grunted in excitement and nudged Donnie next to him.

As the night went on, the boys would point and laugh when they saw their favorite color blow up, nudging me when they saw (f/c).

The boys were so happy.

Their eyes would light up and they wouldn't say anything or even breathe until the last bit of color was gone from the night sky. Their eyes stayed locked upwards and mouths open in awe.

"Guys?" I asked, quietly with a smile on my face. They looked over at me and I stood up and beckoned them closer to the street, "they're doing the grande finale. I have a feeling you'll like it."

I sat back further away from them and pulled out my camera, pointing it at them. Then, it lit up.

A bright ball of beautiful colors lit up the blackness, colors of green, blue, gold, red, and purple lighting up the sky with flecks of orange and (f/c) spiraling around them. I snapped the picture right as the boys saw the explosion, gasping in surprise.

I caught the colors in their eyes, the happiness on their faces, and the smiles in their souls.

After it was over, the boys stood up and walked over to me, pulling me into a giant hug.

"Thank you, (y/n)," they whispered, hugging me tightly. I squeezed them tighter.

"Thank you, guys." 

++++++++++

The turtles walked me home and shut the window behind me, promising to text me tomorrow. I smiled as I came out of the shower, throwing on a pair of shorts and t-shirt for sleep.

I walked over to the desk and grabbed a Sharpie and a picture I had taken earlier. Writing something down, I put the picture back down on the desk and turned the light off, climbing into bed. 

Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey's First Live Fireworks Show<3

++++++++++

Happy 4th of July! <3

Anyways, please hold requests for a while, I'm VERY behind on them, so please don't request for now.

Thank you my fantastic popsicles! I love all of you so much!