Healing

6 weeks later...

Tessa's POV:
Lijah woke me up early this morning and now we are waiting for Dr. Lina to come in to take off my brace and hopefully give me a clean bill of health. The past three weeks I have been able to use a walker around the house and do more on my own which I've been extremely thankful for.

Leo found me a therapist. I was extremely hesitant about seeing her and opening up but she's made it very easy and has been very supportive and helpful. I speak with her two times a week. She has helped me overcome my fear of sleeping and my nightmares have gotten better. They may have gotten a bit better also due to the fact that one of my brothers or Cora will stay the night with me. I rarely ever sleep alone anymore. Not that I'm complaining, but I think I'll be ready to do it myself again. I need to at least try.

As I'm pondering through my thoughts, Dr. Lina strolls into the room.

Lina: "good morning Tessa and Lijah! How is my favorite patient doing Tess"?

Tessa: "I'm feeling much better. Barely any pain. I've been doing all of my physical therapy exercises plus extra. Walking has been much easier and I really want to get rid of this walker"!

Lina: "well that is very good to hear. Your x-rays from just now look fabulous. Everything has healed smoothly and correctly. I still want you to continue with physical therapy to build up your strength. You no longer have to use the walker but please hold on to it if you feel unstable. If you start to feel any pains whatsoever, you need to use the walker or rest and call me immediately. We don't want any set backs in how your body is healing. On another note, how have the nightmares been Tessa"?

Tessa: "they're getting much better. I haven't had any in the past 10 days. One of the boys are usually sleeping near me in case I do get one. My therapist, Jane has been very helpful and supportive"!

Lina: "I'm very happy to hear that. Now Lijah, I called and spoke with Cole, I'm sending a new pain prescription home with you. It's a much lower dose but she needs to take it if she experiences any pain. This second medication is for any muscle spasms you may experience. If anything and I mean ANYTHING comes up, Tessa, do not hesitate to call me. You have my number darling! Both of you take care and I'm so glad to be seeing you happy and healthy Tessa"!

Tessa: "thank you Dr. Lina, for everything"!

Lijah: "thanks Doc! We will see you in a couple weeks for her follow up"!

I stood up and started walking out the door with lijah watching me cautiously. He's been by my side everyday since the accident. We've grown much closer. I know he blames himself for everything that I endured and I tell him numerous times that it's not his or any of my brothers faults. He says he knows but I can see it in his eyes that he blames himself.

Once we made it home, I went straight to the kitchen walking by myself and all my brothers look up from their breakfast.

Cole: "ehhh there's our girl!!!"

Leo: he stands up and comes over and kisses the top of my head and quietly asks, "you okay bambina"?

Tessa: I whisper back. "I couldn't be better Leo. Thank you"!

Cole: "well now that you have healed well, you will be starting school in a few days!"

I looked at them, my eyes wide. I had completely forgotten about school. Oh god. At my last school, I was relentlessly bullied. My tormentors at school on top of my lovely step father were the reasons I was planning on killing myself. I couldn't handle all that physical and emotional mental pain anymore.

I knew that just as everything started to start to feel normal for me and I experience the slightest sliver of happiness, it would be taken away from me. I can only pray and hope that my new school won't be as bad. I have to suppress my anxiety regarding this. I can't be more of a burden to my brothers. I have to pretend that everything is alright no matter how torn or hurt I am. I can't let them know. I have to be happy for them. Even if it's faking to be happy.

One week later.....

Jaxon's POV:

Tessa's starting up at my school. She'll be a junior while I'm a senior. I can tell she's nervous about starting up at a new school. I have a feeling she's scared even but she's good at hiding her feelings.

She reminds me of myself. A little shy and timid. However when I'm at school I'm a bit more outgoing. I'm one of the varsity star football players. I hang with the popular crowd but I don't pick on other kids like some of my friends do. I guess I'm not any better either because I don't always stop them from picking on them either.

However, I can promise that my sister will not be picked on or hit on by any of my friends, teammates or even by anyone in this school. If I find out then I will consider murdering them. Tessa's endured enough bull shit over her lifetime and I'll be damned if I let another person hurt her. Plus I know she's still having some issues with moving. She hides her pain well but I catch her wincing every now and then when she moves to fast or if she bumps into someone or something. I'll have to pay extra close attention at school when it comes to that.

Tessa's POV:

We start school tomorrow..... at least Jaxon will be there too so I won't necessarily be alone but he's also a whole grade older then me. Jaxon and Leo took me to the school today to give me a tour and show me all of my classes. I met the principle and he seems very nice. I'm still a little hesitant around older men but Leo informed him of my "situation", if you can even call it that, and he has placed me with all the "best" teachers he claims. He also gave me a stack of late slips in case I get held up trying to find my next class, plus I have to use the elevator which is a bit slower then using one of the many stair cases.

I must say that it is a beautiful school. It's HUGE! I can already see myself getting lost in here. I start school tomorrow and I'm panicking. I'm trying to hold myself together though. I have to give this new school a chance. It's just so hard. It's giving me flashbacks to my old school and my old life. It's bringing back mementoes and feeling so haven't felt nor wanted to feel in a long time. I haven't thought about my plan to die in months. Well, since I met my brothers I haven't thought about it. I can't help but feel those thoughts arise in me again. I'm debating on being it up to Jane my therapist but I don't want her to tell Leo that I'm suicidal because that's not the case right now at all. I'm completely conflicted. I guess I have to wait to see how everything goes this first week at my new school.