18

Chapter Eighteen - Blackout

"Ready to go?" I ask Roman as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Yep." He grunts as he loads a magazine into his gun before turning the safety on.

I stare at him as he tucks it into the back of his jeans before putting on a jacket to cover it. His emerald eyes finally meet mine and they soften a little at what they find. He sighs before walking over to me and cupping my face in both hands.

"There's going to be a rush and it's the perfect scenario for him to get to you. I'm just taking some precautionary measures okay?" His voice is low and soothing, as if to reassure me through his words that everything will be fine.

"Okay." I smile shakily before my eyes flutter shut when he presses a firm yet lingering kiss to my forehead.

"Navy and Morgan will be there too so don't worry. Just focus on the sales." He winks cheekily which makes me smile.

"I hear Victoria's Secret has a sale on." I tease and watch in satisfaction as his eyes darken with lust.

"I can't wait to see what you find then." He murmurs huskily as he brushes his lips against mine.

I laugh before knocking echoes through the room. Grabbing my purse and coat I open the door to find Zoe standing there. She loops her arm around mine excitedly as we make our way downstairs. Michelle, Evan, Noah, Ryder, Theo, Ella, Zoe, me and Roman are all going to the sale whereas the rest are staying home. We bid goodbye to the others before me and Roman catch a lift with Ryder and Ella to the mall.

As expected, when we arrive twenty minutes later, it's almost impossible to find a parking space. When we walk inside the mall is crowded with people trying to get some bargains. Roman intertwining our hands captures my attention and I look up at him with a reassuring smile. He pecks my cheek before we head inside the first store that everyone wanted to go to.

The afternoon flies by quickly as we spend the time shopping in various stores. I find out that Roman is a very picky shopper and the sight of him turning up his nose at almost everything makes me laugh. I do make a mental note of the things he does like in case I ever need to get him a gift or something.

Halfway through we decide to take a break for food and head to the food court. Michelle and Ryder take everyone's orders before leaving while Noah rambles about the new things he's bought. I chuckle when I realize the number of video games he's convinced his parents to buy outweigh the amount of clothes he's got.

Eventually the food arrives and I dig in. All this walking around has had my tummy growling in hunger for the past hour. I tense when Roman's hand curls around my thigh before relaxing. His lips quirk ever so slightly at my reaction which makes me roll my eyes in response.

Everyone lists off names of a few more stores that they would like to visit before we head home and Zoe mouths Victoria's Secret to me. I grin and nod in reply while Ella chuckles in amusement. Michelle and Evan leave soon, mumbling about getting Noah some actual necessities instead of a new electric scooter he's been begging them for. The young boy drags his feet as he follows them with a pout, walking slightly behind them as they make their way through the crowd.

The rest of us finish our food before the boys decide they want to check out a men's store. As we're walking out of the food court Roman nudges me and his gaze flickers upwards. I follow his line of sight to see a tall man around the same height as Roman standing on the second balcony. If Roman hadn't pointed him out to me as Navy I would've never spotted him. He has tan skin, blonde hair with dark blue eyes, sharp features and a built figure.