𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 || 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝐭.𝟏

✯♛✯

"𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧?" 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 questioned as he tapped the girl's shoulder. He had concern covering his features. The two were in the car and Francine was zoned out for almost the whole ride. She stared out the window and hadn't noticed that he had parked the car in front of the country club.

Francine jumped out of fright when he tapped her shoulder, the sudden contact bringing her out of her daydream. It was the day after the party at Topper's house and Christopher was going to tell the girl his 'plan' for her to mend her friendship with the pogues. To say she was excited was an understatement, wanting nothing more than to get her old friends back made her very eager to see what he had thought of. She prayed it would be a good plan, the man was very reliable but sometimes he could go a little overboard with things. There were some things that they needed to think of, like when, where, and how but she was sure Christopher already thought of that. Francine hoped that the feud between Sarah and Kiara wouldn't get in the way of her being friends with both girls. She knew what went on between them and even though she didn't completely agree with what Sarah did, she was forced to pick the kook princess over Kiara. Now they're good friends, but she always thinks that maybe, someday, Sarah might do the same to her. It was thoughts like those that made her more nervous than happy about trying to fix her broken friendship. There was also the fact that they might not even forgive her, which was what was making her hesitant about going through with all of this. But, as Christopher said, there's no hurt in trying. Even though there will probably be a lot of hurt on her behalf if they don't forgive her, then they'll know the truth, whether they believe it or not. 

Francine looked over to her stepfather, stretching her arms out sleepily. She was almost asleep when he brought her out of her thoughts, the girl didn't even notice. She yawned and looked around, "We're here?"

Christopher nodded, unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car, waiting for Francine to do the same. The two began walking up the pathway to the building, they had a membership to the club even though they didn't use it often. Francine was sure that they only had it because they would get invited to Midsummers every year but she wasn't completely sure. The whole family didn't really enjoy playing golf, they thought it was kind of dull but Katerina insisted that they play anyway because everyone else was doing it. The two began walking up the stone stairs as Christopher grinned, "Let's go and pretend to golf."

Francine whooped, she loved spending time with her stepfather, his dorky attitude made everything so much funnier. They arrived in front of the building that held the restaurant and party room, Francine noticed the nice decor and clean land. It looked like there wasn't even a hurricane, like basically all of Figure Eight. The shrubs were cleanly cut, the golf courses were set up perfectly, and the people looked like they all had sticks shoved up their asses. She never could understand how people could be so stuck up and confident, sure, she was a confident person but she isn't as bad as all those people. All they do is gloat and brag about their money and their expensive clothes and most have humongous egos that need to go down20 notches.

Francine and her stepfather checked in and they were currently trying to find a place with no people occupying it. They were trying to find a place away from everyone else so they could discuss their plans without anyone eavesdropping on them. It would be almost catastrophic if someone told her mom about everything, so they were planning on the woman to never find out.

On their way into the courses, the duo passed Topper and Rafe laughing with each other. The older boy looked over to Francine and shot her a small wave and a creepy smirk. The girl gave an awkward wave back, not knowing how to respond correctly. He was acting really weird the night before, it was probably the drugs though. She didn't understand why he was acknowledging her so much lately, Francine has a theory that he does it because he's high most of the time. She thought that he should really get some professional help before the addiction got too bad. Sarah told her that he blows most of the money he has on cocaine. If he keeps acting that way Ward might end up kicking him out. It looks like that might happen soon because if the man ever found out that his son was a junkie, it wouldn't be pretty. Francine still felt bad for the boy because no matter how much some people might deserve stuff like getting kicked out, it made her so sad to know that there were still people living on the streets. She also understood that some people won't listen to anyone and that's why they end up having no home. So it's basically a 50/50 situation for people like that.