- 1 3 6 - AWKWARD MORNINGS

"DID YOU MEAN IT?" George questioned her quietly as they laid in their bed together for the first time

"DID YOU MEAN IT?" George questioned her quietly as they laid in their bed together for the first time. Lorelei relished in the fact that it smelt just like George as she curled into his side deeper. "When you told Harry you wanted to kill Bellatrix?"

"Yeah," she whispered back as she felt the hand he had running up and down her back freeze.

George was worried about Lorelei at that moment. He hadn't wanted revenge to plague her thoughts, but he knew Bellatrix had taken two of the most important people out of her life. He felt conflicted with whether or not he wanted to support his girlfriend or talk her out of it. Sighing, he began moving his hand again. He said, "I'm just worried about you, Lorelei."

Lorelei pushed her face farther into his chest, legs tangling with his. She said nothing else as she focused on his breathing and heartbeat. It was loud in her ear, but she welcomed it. Hearing his heartbeat felt normal like there wasn't a war brewing outside their walls.

"I love you," she said, "and I hate that I'm such a burden on your life. I wish I could leave, you'd be happier without me. I can't. I can't do it because I'm selfish. I'm selfishly holding onto you when I know you'd be better off without me--"

"Stop it," he snapped, sitting up slightly. His movement forced her to sit up as well, eyes locking with his. "Stop it right now, Lor. Yes, it's been difficult, but I've been patient. I'm happy knowing you love me and I love you. I'm happy knowing I get to come home every night with you when I go to sleep and you being there when I wake up."

Lorelei allowed a tear to fall. "How can you stand to stay around me?"

"Because, my love, there is no one else I'd rather be around," he said sincerely as he captured her lips in a kiss. Lorelei knew she'd been fearful of touching and affection recently, but George was slow, patient. He always was. George knew, however, that she'd tell him if she was uncomfortable. So he allowed himself to act a bit selfish, as she said she was being, to pull her closer and deepen the kiss. She gasped when he quickly turned them over.

When they woke up the next morning, it was to Fred banging two pans together with a disgusted look on his face.

"Not only did I have to honor of hearing sounds I should not have ever heard last night, but I also have the honor of telling you, Georgie, I've seen too much of you at our age. We don't share baths anymore, you know," Fred said, disgust rolling off his tongue as George quickly fixed the blanket over his legs where too much was on display.

Lorelei snorted, pulling the cover higher on herself as well. "Sod off, Fred. What is it that you need?"

"Shop opens in ten. Just thought George would want to know," he said, cheekily winking at her.

George cursed and shot up off the bed making Fred yell out in fright at seeing everything of his twin. Fred quickly ran out of the room screaming, "MY EYES. I NEED SOAP! YOU'RE LUCKY BRIZO IS SLEEPING IN MY ROOM!" while Lorelei could not stop giggling at the scene unfolding in front of her. George yelled out, "Well, get out of here then!" This caused Lorelei to laugh harder when Fred made retching sounds from the kitchen.

Lorelei sat up, pulling the sheet around her. "Fred," she called out as she watched George pull on boxers and a pair of pants from their closet. "You do realize, as much as it disgusts me to say, you and George share the same body structure!"

Fred's retching grew as George made a horrified face.

"Just don't," George said before smiling after she began giggling again. She seemed brighter, he noticed this morning. He pulled on a shirt before grabbing his jacket that matched his brother's. "Are you coming down, love?"

"I might take a long shower," she said with a shrug. "I also want to go visit Flourish and Blotts at some point and see if Remus is home, but I have to finish organizing the stock room, too."

She stood up and pulled on her underwear and George's shirt from the day prior that was far too long on her. Walking over to him, she fixed his tie and collar while he watched her intently. Once she finished, he grinned and kissed her roughly. Feeling as if their flame was ignited again, George almost didn't make it out of the flat. Fred had to drag him away, leaving Lorelei pouting at the retreating twins.

After Lorelei's long shower, she pulled on a pair of black leggings and a floral blue short-sleeve shirt. A pair of black flats were her choice instead of boots as she normally would. She braided her hair, grabbed her wand, and went into the kitchen in search of food. She petted Brizo when she saw him eating his food before she decided to leave. Grabbing her purse, she realized she would need to go to Gringotts before anything.

Glancing at the stove, she mentally praised Fred for making biscuits. Stuffing one in her mouth in a very unladylike fashion, she quickly followed it with a large takeout cup of coffee. Ready to leave, she went down the stairs to see Fred and George's shop already full of people. Grinning at the sight, she found her twin engaged in a conversation about one of his products with a young boy. The sight warmed her heart.

His eyes met hers, and she waved and pointed to the door. Pausing his conversation, he blew her a kiss with a wink following. Rolling her eyes, she patted Fred's head as she passed and left the shop quickly.