Chapter Eight: Thomas Raine

Bedrest is terrible. I had been on bed rest for the past few weeks. The boys and Ryleigh had called me multiple times. Ryleigh flew out to make sure I was fine. I settled back into my parent's house and cuddled with Bogart often. It didn't make sense of me to stay at Jack's anymore seeing as he was the only person to not call me completely concerned. Lisa had found out about that night when I went back to the bus. She assured me nothing could have really happened in that amount of time but this time something felt different. I was getting closer and closer to my baby shower date. Lisa was throwing it at her and Alex's place.

"Come on kiddo time to get up and get ready," mom came in and threw a dress at me.

I groaned at the girly thing in front of me but got up off the bed with a bit of a struggle and somehow changed. It was difficult with what felt like a hard basketball attached to your stomach. Mom was excited to see what Lisa had planned for the baby shower but I just wanted something chill. It wasn't like I truly was in need of anything. Dad and I sat on the floor and built a crib in my room. Mom kept telling me I shouldn't be helping him but it was one of those things.

I had been having Braxton hicks contracts as I got closer to my due date which seemed to be only a month away. I was excited to meet this little demon who seemed to do jumping jacks in my stomach all the time. I had debated changing the baby's name as it felt like I would be raising him alone. I was partial to blame for that though. I didn't want to contact Jack.

I got into the car very carefully and was drove to the party. Everyone came over and gushed over my bump. Alex threw an arm over my shoulder and rubbed it with his hand.

"How is baby Barakat?" Alex asked as I shrugged.

"Kicking the shit out of my ribs," I chuckled but it hurt getting a foot to the ribs.

"You okay?" Alex looked a little concerned as I winced in pain.

"You will never know how good guys have it," I chuckled and went to sit down but then we soon pulled back standing.

I mingled around the party. Ryleigh was attached to Zack's hip who looked so out of place. Rian was at the party briefly to drop off some gifts and wish me well. They were on a small break from touring. I continued to mingle until it was time to open gifts. I had asked that no one buy anything with the baby's name on it. I told everyone why but it seemed to fail as I pulled out gifts that had baby Barakat on them.

"This is from Kolbi," Ryleigh said and handed me a box.

I opened it to see a teddy bear that I knew all too well. Kolbi's ponytails bounced in the air as she skipped up to me. I gave her a big hug and kiss on the cheek. I then blew some raspberries on her cheek. Kolbi let out a giggle as I pulled the small girl onto my lap.

"I figured the baby could use it. I won't need it but they will!" Kolbi spoke so excitedly.

I made a note to give it back to Beckett when he came out from hiding in the kitchen with the other guys. Jenna had bought me a beautiful crib cover for the bed and sides. I thanked her and Tyler so much.

As the party began to wind down that is when It occurred to me I had made a decision on his name. I was not going to keep his name the name that Jack and I chose. I would name him when I saw him. The name that I once loved no longer seemed to fit this little boy. I rubbed my stomach as TK came over to me and kissed my cheek.

"How is my nephew doing?" Tk giggled as I rolled my eyes.

"I still can't believe you and Carlos bet on the gender. It doesn't feel like it was 4 months ago that this all was happening. It feels like yesterday I was sitting freaking out about what I was going to do. A tour, a baby is not a place to mix things. But, here we are. I am here and getting ready to give birth I feel. Which I guess leaves with picking godparents which doesn't feel fair. I want you to be his godparents I do so badly but at the same time I know everyone is going to be their aunt or uncle you know." I shrugged and leaned into TK.

"Why does it have to be hard?" I asked him looking into his blue eyes.

"It's not hard if you ask for help," TK spoke before going over and kissing Carlos

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the pair. Sometimes I wondered if TK and Carlos would ever settle down and start a family of their own but I guess only time would tell if TK would actually settle down in that way.

I walked back into the kitchen resting my hands on the counter and looked out the window at Lisa and Alex's place. That is when I heard a familiar voice behind me. It was just zack coming over to fill up another glass with water. I looked at him before turning around and climbing onto the counter.

"Howdy," Zack chuckled as I rolled my eyes

"Sup Zack."

"Just came to check in on you. I still can't believe you aren't having a girl. We made a bet in school that Jack would definitely have girls," Zack chuckled remembering the bet.

"Well, little bean isn't a girl sadly I don't think I could have handled a girl honestly. I am kind of afraid of how I am going to handle him, alone."

"You aren't going to be alone you know we will help you and keep Archer-"

"His name isn't Archer," I pointed a finger into the bassist's chest as he raised his hands in the air.

"Okay. You know we will help you with the baby as much as possible. We will keep him away from Zack. Hell, I and Ryleigh may take him for a few nights if you let us. You know that Alex and Lisa will want to get all the cuddles and shit from him as soon as you give birth."

Zack and I sat in the kitchen laughing for a while. Zack was always the person I could rely on no matter what he and Rian. I always felt guilty pulling Alex from Lisa but today just felt empty without Jack's big personality in the room. I heard the music start to play another song as I swayed side to side ignoring the small Braxton hicks contractions.

"Well- since the party is going to be ending soon. I will probably be seeing you once the baby is born. Also if it means anything to you. Ryleigh and I really liked the name Thomas for a baby," Zack winked and walked out of the room.

"If only I knew your name," I whisper.

Little did I know I would learn his name all too soon.