.26

STILL
"
MORALS"

THE GROUP walked single file down the hallways of the ship with Mayfield in front and Burg in back

THE GROUP walked single file down the hallways of the ship with Mayfield in front and Burg in back. Natalia held her blaster tightly in her right hand, her left resting on the satchel the child sat in. The group had moved quickly passed the number of cells, earning looks and growls from the prisoners on the inside each and every one of them.

"I don't like this." The Mandalorian finally broke the silence surrounding them.

"You always were paranoid." Xi'an commented.

"Is that true Mando?" Mayfield asked. "Were you always paranoid?" 

One of the prisoners beside Natalia let out a screech as it banged on it's cell door, causing her and everyone else to jump. Mayfield aimed his blaster at the cell, slowly lowering it once seeing there was no real danger as X'ian hissed at the prisoner. A small whimper caught Natalia's ears and she placed her finger inside of the small opening in the satchel, allowing the child to grab onto it.

"Approaching control room. Make a left at the next juncture." Thr droid, Zero, said through the coms.

Mayfield peeked around the corner before giving the all clear for them to follow. Burg was the first to step into the hallway followed by everyone else. The group made their way down the hallway with Burg and Mayfield now switching places. Natalia was growing impatient. She couldn't initiate her plan to destroy their plan until the security droids showed up as her distraction. 

A small beeping caught Natalia's attention and she looked ahead of them to see a tiny little mouse droid rolling their way. Everyone in the group instantly went on alert, all of them raising their blasters at the tiny droid before realizing it couldn't do anything to harm them.

"What?" Burg laughed. "It's just a little mousey." Natalia rolled her eyes as she watched Burg pull out his blaster and hide it behind his back as he reached towards the droid with his free hand. "Come here, little mousey."

"Burg." Mayfield said as the droid backed away.

"Come here. Come here."

"Burg." Mayfield repeated, his voice now taking a stern turn.

The droid rolled back the way it had come at a fast speed as Burg stood up. Natalia felt the child's fingers tighten around her own as Burg shot the droid down. "What was the point of that?" Natalia asked with a small glare.

"No! Burg, what are you doing?" Mayfield asked.

"What?" Burg asked as he put his blaster away. 

A smile began to form on Natalia's face as the familar clank of the security droids boomed throughout the hallway. "Intruder alert." The droids declared as Natalia began to walk their way. The droids wouldn't shoot at her, she's in their records. "Open fire."