𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

Another day of classes and answering questions from their peers about the kids from the Isle finally passed. The two girls were starting to get tired of all the concerns the other students at Auradon Prep were expressing about Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos. It was like half the school was now fine with them on campus while the other half wanted them sent back to their former home as soon as possible. And no matter how hard Rylee tried, she couldn't figure out why the "children of heroes and do-gooders" couldn't find it within themselves to give the four from the Island a second chance. Especially when they haven't done anything wrong in the first place.

But Rylee put those thoughts behind her as she and Morgan walked out onto the Tourney field with Carlos. The boy who didn't seem all that pleased to be there stood to the side as the two girls set their bags down by the cannon. The redhead grabbed her whistle while her blonde friend picked up their clipboard and timer before they both turned to meet the de Vil boy's gaze.

"Okay. Carlos, we're gonna do some sprints," Rylee said before she looked down at the clipboard Ben gave her. After she read over his notes, her eyes went back up to meet the white-haired boy's, "you ready?"

"Do I have a choice?" he mumbled just loud enough for them to hear before he slowly made his way over to the line on the field without even waiting for them to respond.

As soon as he got into his starting position, Morgan blew the whistle as Rylee started the timer. Barking cut through the silence right as Carlos starts running. When they turned their attention towards the source of the sound, they found Dude coming out of nowhere before he began to follow the boy from the Isle. To the girls' surprise, the de Vil boy screamed as the brown dog continued to chase him across the Tourney field. Rylee and Morgan exchanged a confused look when Carlos ran straight past them and into the forest that surrounded Auradon Prep. Once the two of them realized what was going on, they turned around and sprinted as fast as they could after the boy and the dog.

"Rylee! Morgan!" Carlos' shouts cut through the trees that surrounded them before they rounded a corner to find the boy up in a tree with Dude wagging his tail below him.

"Guys! Help me!" the son of Cruella de Vil pleaded while he pointed down at the little dog standing on a log near the base of the tree, "this thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat! This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!"

"Who told you that?" Rylee smiled after picking up Dude and wrapping her arms around his small body.

"My mother."