10

Been a hot minute 🥺

Eyeing herself in the mirror, she straightened out her top, her eyes moving up to her tired face as she let out a soft sigh

Eyeing herself in the mirror, she straightened out her top, her eyes moving up to her tired face as she let out a soft sigh. She didn't get much sleep last night. Tossing and turning about Jaemin and lying, but she also wanted to secure a future for her siblings.

"Joon are you ready? Haneul hurry up!" She called out to her siblings, her neighbor was going to babysit them while she went out to see Jaemin and finalize the contract. It was 5 pm and Jae wasn't home yet, but that was pretty normal lately.

Taking their hands she walked them down the stairs and knocked on the door. The shrill screams of a young kid could be heard before the door was opened.

"Hi! Sarang was waiting for you guys. She's so excited." The downstairs unnie informed upon seeing the kids. Jaeha unnie was Yeseul's neighbor. She was married and had a young daughter, she was always willing to take care of Joon and Haneul which Yeseul was always thankful for.

"Thank you Unnie! I owe you. Kids behave." Yeseul hugged Jaeha before running down the rest of the stairs. Walking down the steep street she saw the familiar car parked at the bottom exactly where Jaemin promised to be waiting. Nervous, Yeseul slowed as she approached the car.

Jaemin was too busy on his phone to notice her. Texting his friends about how he already regretted this decision. Yeseul rapped on the window, causing the boy to jolt in surprise but he was quick to unlock the car door for her.

"Hi." Yeseul mumbled as she slipped in. Tucking a stray piece of her that escaped her ponytail behind her ear as she reached over to put her seatbelt on.

"Hey." Jaemin glanced over and her and then started the car. "We're going to the cafe we went to yesterday." Jaemin informed. Yeseul nodded in response which didn't help the quiet, awkward atmosphere. She played with her fingers while Jaemin concentrated on driving. The cafe was only 5 minutes away. Yeseul could have walked if she wanted it to. Getting out together, Yeseul followed Jaemin into the cafe.

It was fairly empty other than the two middle school students in the corner. Jaemin stopped at a table and pulled the chair back. Yeseul thought for a second it was for her, but the boy sat down. Yeseul quickly pulled out her own chair and sat across from the boy.

"So?"

"Let's order first." Jaemin cut her off as he put his hand up waving the waitress over. He ordered without having the look at the menu, "one iced americano with four shots of expression." Not wanting to waste time, Yeseul said she would get the same and then slumped back into her seat.

Jaemin reached into a bag that Yeseul had just noticed and pulled out a thick stack of paper. Straightening it out on the table he pushed it towards Yeseul.

"I visited my lawyer last night and had basic one made. Just read over it right now and we can add and change whatever you want." Jaemin said bored as he glanced at the waitress who was making their drinks. He hadn't had coffee yet, and he really needed it to be a properly functioning human. Yeseul wordlessly nodded yet again.

She skimmed through the first couple of pages, seeing how most of the terms on the contract were words she had never seen before. Finally she got to the page that had all the conditions.

a). Party A and Party B willingly enter into this relationship.

b). Party A can call upon Party B whenever

c). Party A and Party B must convince Party A's parents about their relationship

d). If Party B reveals the truth to anyone and both the parties get exposed, then Party B must compensate Party A

e). Must be confidential

f). Open relationship, free to date in secret/no obligations to be committed.

g). Holding hands, hugging, and kissing is permitted in the presence of parents

h). no intimacy between party A and B in private.

i). Party B must listen to and concede to Party A

j). In turn of all of these conditions, Party A will cover any financial needs of party B and family including housing, school, and other activities.

k). When the relationship comes to an end, both parties cut off willingly with no strings attached, but Party A will still financially support Party B until Party B is stable and self sufficient.

After she finished reading the contract, she realized that the drinks were already here and Jaemin was already halfway done with his drink.

"I'm okay with everything on the contract, but not the kissing. We don't have to kiss to prove anything." Yeseul said, eyeing Jaemin who was rolling his eyes.

Pulling out a pen he scratched off kissing, "Better? And it's not like I want to kiss you anyway." Yeseul didn't say anything to him. "Can you sign it now?" He asked.

"Yeseul nodded feeling her shoulders tighten with stress as she reached over. Twiddling the pen between her fingers she sighed realizing that they were in too deep to back out now. Signing her name she pushed back the papers and the pen and then Jaemin copied her actions, signing the paper.

The two parties had officially entered a contractual relationship.

"I still don't understand how we'll convince your parents I'm pregnant though."

Jaemin shrugged. "Don't worry about it yet."

Sighing Yeseul reached for her cup and brought the straw to her mouth. Preparing herself for a sugary bliss, she was taken aback by the bitter sensation that blocked off her senses. She chocked on the drink, spluttering our curse words as she slapped her chest repeatedly to clear her throat.

"How do you drink that?"

"Like this." Jaemin slurped on his drink finishing it off.

"Gross."

"Anyway I think we're done here, so wait for my calls. Check your phone regularly okay?"

"Sure think party A." Jaemin scowled as he stood up.

"Do you want me to drive you home or?"

"I'll walk." Yeseul said as she stood up. "Ah, good to do business with you?" She awkwardly offered him her hand for him to shake which Jaemin did before he turned and walked out Yeseul following behind quickly.

"Oh and one more thing," Jaemin's body was half in the car as he spoke. "Jeno signed you up for school again. It's Seoul Private Academy. I'll send a car to pick you up everyday and drop you off. I'll send you the information later. But if you're going to be my pretend girlfriend, you're going to have to at least be a high school graduate." Without even waiting for her reply he got in and reversed before speeding out  of the parking lot. Yeseul jumped up. So happy and excited about the news as she ran all the way home. She couldn't wait to tell Jae and Chan too.

"Maybe this will be worth it?"

I know this isn't the most interesting chapter but things will get better from here