Runaway

C H A P T E R  2 0LIA'S POV

C H A P T E R 2 0
LIA'S POV

Gosh, I feel like I'm going to freeze to death here. Why does my mom always makes me wear fitted sleeveless clothes when I'm going to meet up with Jeno? Doesn't she know it's Winter season? I guess she really just care about money, and not about me.

"So how's school, Lia?" Jeno asked.

"Hell," I said, and Jeno chuckled.

"You can stop studying, and be with me Lia," He said, and I looked at him in disgust.

I'm sure he has a shitty mindset.

"He has a point," my mom said.

"What the heck mom?" I said.

"Lia language," she said, and I shut myself up.

Ever since Winter break started, I've been meeting up with Jeno every single week. Sometimes every other day, and it's suffocating. I hate the way he talks about things.

He thinks he's so rich, that he can belittle his workers. He thinks he's so rich that he could actually make me fall in love with his wealth.

"Let's go outside," Jeno said.

What the heck? Outside? Can't he see that I'm only wearing a piece of clothing, and it's Winter?

"I agree you guys should go," my mom said. Take note my mom said that.

I rolled my eyes, and I went out of our house.

"Isn't this nice?" Jeno asked.

"Nice you mean, nice like hell?" I told him.

"All I did was to be kind to you," He said.

"Kind? Really?" I asked him and scoffed.

He walked towards a coffee shop, and he bought me a strawberry cheesecake. Is this his definition of kind? We were sitting outside the coffee shop because he likes to vape a lot. Without even considering what I was wearing.

"Look I just want to be a good fiancé to you," He said intertwining his hands.

"How are you going to be good? You and my mom are suffocating me. I want to enjoy my break and be peaceful, but here you guys are telling me to not leave or get ready because you the so-called finacé is coming"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"And why do you even want to marry me, you know this is forced," I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Cause darling you're my type. Beautiful, brainy..." He looked at my face then at my body.

"And hella sexy," He said and licked his lips.

I felt goosebumps all of a sudden, feeling the cringe all over my body. I looked down at my phone, and I saw a notification. It was a message from Soobin.

Soobin
Hey Lia, want to hang out for a bit?

I looked at Jeno, who was just about to vape. I immediately messaged Soobin back and sighed. I just want to get out of this sick place.

After a few minutes, I heard someone called my name from behind. I looked at it and saw Soobin there. His hair was now pure black, and he was also wearing black. He looked like a grim reaper, but a hella good-looking one. Wait what?

"What are you doing here Soobin?" Jeno asked.

Soobin did not reply and called my name once again.

"Let's go," He said.

He was about to bring my bag when Jeno slammed the glass table and shouted.

"You piece of shit! I'm talking to you!" Jeno stood up, fuming in anger.

Soobin smirked. He scoffed and looked away then looked again to Jeno.

"What am I doing?" Soobin asked. He picked up my bag and gave Jeno a death glare. He looked scary, but he was looking like a badass good looking guy. Like a gangster, but a decent one.

"I'm picking up my girlfriend can't you see?" Soobin rolled his eyes, held my hand, and we left. Leaving Jeno standing there in shock.

I was also in shock. What the heck did he just say? Girlfriend?!

We stopped walking when we both arrived at the bus stop. He looked down at me since he was tall. He took off his black coat and gave it to me.

"How about you?" I asked him worriedly.

"Don't worry, I'm wearing thermals inside my blouse" He said, and smiled.

Soobin who was looking like a bad guy was now looking like an angel in disguise.

The bus arrived, and we sat on the two-seater chair.

SOOBIN'S POV

I noticed that Lia was a bit sleepy, and her eyes are blinking continuously. Enough proof to tell that she wants to sleep.

"Put your head on my shoulder," I told her while looking away.

"What?" Lia said.

"Just do it. I know you want to sleep" I heard her chuckle as she leaned her head and closed her eyes.

After a few seconds, Lia spoke.

"Soobin?" She said.

"Hm?"

"Why did you say that I'm your girlfriend?" She asked, and I was frozen.

I thought about the answer I'm going to tell her. Because I was hesitant. I had too many what-ifs, but I won't lose this chance now.

"Because you'll soon be" She removed her head on my shoulder, and looked at me in confusion.

I looked at her with a smile. "You'll soon be my girlfriend."