54*

~Luke's POV~

Ophelia shivered as we walked down the street, her cheeks a pretty pink from the cold. Her nose was a bit pink and she shook slightly, teeth chattering as she tried to huddle as close to me as possible for warmth. "I-I can't believe your car ran out of gas." She said, her voice stuttering and shaky from the cold.

"You should've stayed in the car, gorgeous. I had a blanket in the trunk." I sighed, worriedly looking her up and down. All she had on was her blue jeans, a white tank top with a fuzzy green cardigan over it and her white converse. It was no wonder my poor girl was fucking freezing, especially since it was nearly Christmas in December. Her teeth chattered some more and she shook her head adamantly, clinging to my side. "Unh-unh. I didn't w-want to be a-alone." She pouted, shaking like a leaf.

I took off my jacket, hoping it would do her at least a little good to keep her warm, and draped it over her shoulders. She blinked in surprise and glanced up at me, furrowing her brows. "Luke...You'll be cold." She huffed, going to take the jacket off until I grabbed her hands to stop her. "I'm fine. Look, gorgeous. See?" I gestured at my unfazed body, not trembling from the cold even a little. She frowned. "That doesn't mean it's not cold out." She huffed, but reluctantly decided to slip her arms into the sleeves of my jacket and wear it like I wanted her to.

And goddamn did she look so fucking cute. It practically swallowed her frame whole.

My lips twitched and I pulled her into my side, kissing the top of her head. "Let's go. We're almost there." I said confidently, continuing to walk down the street towards the gas station that was just down the street from my car. If only it had lasted a little bit farther before it ran out of gas, then she and I wouldn't have to walk so far in the cold just to get some gas and walk all the way back with it in the gas tank container. I had gotten lucky that I had it in the back of my car this time.

But finally, we eventually got to the gas station and I filled up the container while I gave her my wallet so she could go inside and pay, just so she'd be out of the cold for even a second. After I got some gas in the container and she came back after paying we began down the street again, walking back to my car. I ushered her into the front seat when we got back and filled up the car's tank with gas before I set the hopefully empty container in the back seat. I'd have to bring that inside once I got home, cause I didn't want to just leave it in my car. After the tank was full, I began to drive us back to my house again. The only reason she and I had even left was because I wanted to get her a present considering Christmas was in two days, but of course I didn't tell her that because she'd likely insist for me to not get anything.

When we got to my house, I brought the few bags inside with her help. The only way I was able to even get her present was by pretending like I was only getting things for myself, and then when I found what I was looking for, I slipped it in with my things. So her gift was hidden somewhere among my things, making me hope she didn't accidentally find it.

We put the bags in the corner of my room and she set my jacket on my dresser before she sighed and flopped onto her back in my bed, kicking her shoes off onto the floor as she rolled up in the blankets. She seemed rather comfy there, and I couldn't help but to smile to myself.

Somehow, having her here, in my bed, felt right. I thought she belonged there.

**

I woke up on Christmas Eve morning to the feeling of Ophelia rubbing her body up against me needily.

As my eyes fluttered open, she slipped her leg between mine and curled her calf around mine, tangling our legs. "Good morning." She smiled up at me, looking like an angel with those honey colored eyes and that long, pretty hair. Yet she behaved like a devil, with the way she boldly cupped my erection through my boxers and palmed me. I groaned at the feeling, my arm tightening around my waist. "Fuck," I mumbled. "This definitely is a good morning." I muttered, earning a little giggle from her as she pushed me onto my back.