17

HIII

Juhee glanced at the clock nervously

Juhee glanced at the clock nervously. It was nearly 3:30 and she was still in her pajamas. Last night after Mingi had violated her, he had the audacity to text her. Telling her to be ready at 4. Juhee wanted to show him that she was her own person and that she had the right to make her own decisions, but instead Juhee's head was filled with fear. The monster's capabilities were lined up across her neck in the form of red bruises— hickies.

Juhee cringed at the thought, but her disgust was over powered by her fear of the man. He could do so much worse to her. She had to listen to him, or else.

Decided abruptly she rolled off her bed and stalked towards her closer. Looking at her collection of cute clothes she pulled out the only sweatshirt she owned pulled it over her tshirt and then stripped of her checkered pajama pants. Pulling out super skinny blue jeans she pulled them on and made the basic effort of running a comb through her hair and threw her brown locks up into a ponytail. Stepping into her bathroom, she wanted to check her appearance. The red blotches on her neck weren't covered by the hoodie. Sighing Juhee tugged at her yellow scrunchie and let her hair cascade down covering up her neck.

For eomma she sighed as she sat back down on her bed waiting for indication that her monster of a fiancé was here for her.

Promptly at 2 o'clock Juhee's phone buzzed with a message informing her that he was here. Begrudgingly, she marched down the stairs making sure to ignore her father before opening her front door. The sleek black car on her driveway sat idle as it waited for her arrival. The windows were tinted so Juhee couldn't even see if anyone else was in the car. Debating on whether or not she should sit in the front seat or back seat she walked closer freezing when the driver side door was pushed open. Mingi stepped out in a black turtle neck with a black denim jack over it. His black jeans were tight and his black shoes screamed grunge.

The 2000s called, said they wanted their emo back. Juhee bit her lip to stop herself from giggling at her own thought. Mingi looked down at the girl who refused to make eye contact with him. Walking around he pulled open the passenger seat door for her and let her in before he closed it. Walking back around, he sat in seat. Juhee refused to even look in his direction. Her seatbelt on and her head turned towards the window by the time he had even sat down. He sighed, he probably deserved that.

"What did you do all day?"

"Sleep."

"Did you eat lunch?"

"I slept."

"Are you hungry?"

"I'm sleepy." Mingi groaned in anger as he slammed his hands on the steering wheel. He was driving them to a bakery because she seemed like the type of girl who loved sweets. He hoped that she would forget what he did to her last night if he filled her with sweets.